Author Topic: Scootacar Mk 1 Number plate transfer victim  (Read 13052 times)

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
Re: Scootacar Mk 1 Number plate transfer victim
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 06:11:18 PM »
Hey Bob:  In the area that I live in in Illinois, (Kankakee County), there is no Mot equivalent for any cars or light trucks (up to 12,000 lb), whether they are old or new.  Some areas do have yearly checks for safety and pollution, but not here. School busses and trucks over 12,000 lb do have a yearly safety check State-wide. Some Cities and Counties even have their own extra permit fees for vehicles, but not here in hicksville. It is different over here.  The joys of living in a small country town.  Ian. ;D
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 06:35:15 PM »
 I'm strongly conciering going there myself.......   

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2008, 06:59:34 PM »
Hi Stuart. Are you telling me that you still havnt got that Mini Comtesse MOTed? Get your finger out boy! Hey, I just looked at the weather forcast and its heavy rain at Hawkwnbury this sunday. If it doesnt change the Torpedo will not be launched!

Dan Rodd

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 09:18:48 PM »
Hi Bob,yes im still lurking about lol! i now own what is believed to be the sole surviving mk4 Regal van,only 342 were built,mine is the 324th.

Also getting a Bug soon ;D

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008, 09:26:23 PM »
I'm strongly conciering going there myself.......  

As I've said before, you're more than welcome.  I also don't feel so bad now missing Jean's on Sunday, for the weather here will probably be in the nineties and sunny.  Top down and away we go.  That way I wont miss the farm auction with the old number plates for you Stuart.
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 10:20:21 PM »
Stuart, thanks for your number plate info, I am not that interested in them, but had always wondered why they varied. My Trojan has its original number 553 DUF. I like this number, I am glad it IS correct, but would not let the number influence a purchase
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2008, 09:01:26 AM »
While we all got involved in a debate about how terrible it is that this Scootacar has the wrong bit of ali with numbers on it we missed something far more fundamental, has this car got the correct engine? In the picture we see the tin cooling shroud of an 11e not the 9e and as I recently learned, only the mk2 should have an 11e. Nicked from a conveyence? I wonder which is the more serious crime according to the law of Cyphus? 

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2008, 09:10:45 AM »
You can source a correct enough motor given time. The plate's gone forever...  My Heinkel had it's plate stolen.  They're never the same....   :'( 
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2008, 04:04:16 PM »
Does this obsession with numbers not extend to engine numbers, after all,  is not the engine number also part of the vehicles history? Personaly I would rather have something with the original engine than a number plate. I guess the debate will continue forever. I dare say at some time in the future the government will electronicly tag all the cars and take away all the number plates and the number freaks will be looking for tall buildings to jump from! Thats after the government tires of making money out of selling them of course!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2008, 10:21:10 PM »
What????!!!!! £5,500.00?   Has the world gone mad?

Dan Rodd

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2008, 10:27:45 PM »
very clearly becoming a rich mans pursuit this microcar malarky :(

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2008, 01:44:25 PM »
£5.5k?     It's all to do with rarity. I think it's cheap compared to a decent KR which should fetch 15k on a good day.

I mean I cannot remember when the last Mk1 running Scootacar has come up. But there's been plenty of KR's,Tro's and Isettas.

"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 12:19:48 AM »
Would like to purchase one Bob!  :(

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 08:51:22 AM »
I wish I had hung on to mine a bit longer too Ferdi !
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 10:46:27 AM by Bob Purton »

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008, 03:44:20 PM »
If I had a pound for every time one of us said "I wish I did this" or "I wish I'd done that" (me included) I'd have more cars than Bruce Weiner!