Author Topic: Frisky Sport windscreen  (Read 2960 times)

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Frisky Sport windscreen
« on: August 22, 2008, 03:42:30 PM »
does anyone know if the Frisky Sport Windscreen is an equivalent to anything else or is it specific to the car?

a friend of mine in California just bought one that has been laying around for years and is going to try to restore it.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Frisky Sport windscreen
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 03:54:32 PM »
Just ask John Meadows , he will know for sure. His email is John.meadows1898@btinternet.com  I would guess it is out of some other mainstream car but you never know!

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 04:03:33 PM »
The Windscreen and frame were sourced from a Reliant Sabre.  Unfortunately these are about as rare as the Frisky.  Some replacement screens were available in the UK not so long ago but getting one was difficult as they were mostly available through the Reliant club.  Please make sure John Meadows and Jean is made aware of this rare find as they will be very keen to know of its details to put on the Register.  I am guessing that it’s a very early example (split rear body) that was sent to the USA in LHD form to a new dealership that never seemed to get off the ground.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 04:07:37 PM »
The Windscreen and frame were sourced from a Reliant Sabre. 

And Reliant used to raid the Ford parts bin left, right & centre for their four-wheel sporty models.....

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 05:24:16 PM »
Does anyone know what screen was used on the Tourette?

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 06:47:14 PM »
I am guessing that it’s a very early example (split rear body)
...although very early examples have an air intake just in front of the rear wheel arch.