Author Topic: KR200 for sale on ebay  (Read 26735 times)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: KR200 for sale on ebay
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2009, 03:27:52 PM »

You will be pleased to hear that Stuart did not disgrace himself with Tunnocks as h

Well, we will just have to find something else to tease him about! Anyway, Tunnocks are mostly sugar so they can be way out of date and still be perfectly fine. I have eaten some very old ones and i am still df`kj. zv.. lb/........      ....    .
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 03:33:49 PM by marcus »
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2009, 03:43:32 PM »
Dear Bob and Marcus

I can now tell an out of date Tunnock at 500 paces. After three months the marsh mallow , which as Marcus so rightly pointed out is mostly sugar, collapses inwards leaving a concave top. The marsh mallow then turns into a substance like toffee which gives the cake a harder consistency, which those with false teeth may wish to avoid.

I do not think that Rob was trying to poison you or anybody else at the meeting, with out of date Tunnocks, but it does sound like a painful disease.

Chris Thomas

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2009, 03:46:03 PM »
Ah, that much out of date, I assumed they were days out!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2009, 04:53:20 PM »
What? You mean it was you Chris that was trying to poison us? First you blame Rob then confess, we dont know where we are!

On a more serious note, I see that the links on the message board are not working, is this due to them being updated I wonder?

Jawmedead

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2009, 06:18:09 PM »
What? You mean it was you Chris that was trying to poison us?
Dear BP,
What do you mean "us"? You never arrived! I even had a short hair cut in your honour!!!!!  :o
I had to take your lot back home. Just finished eating them and I feel ill and Tunnocked.  :'(
Yours Queasily,
RD.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 07:09:42 PM by Jawmedead »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2009, 06:41:35 PM »
Sorry Rob. I had a previous engagement that I had forgoten about when the meeting was set up, it was somewhat more important and couldnt be changed. I did let Chris know. May looks pretty clear so I should be at that one, do you know the date yet? I was at the postoffice today sending a Microscope to Australia [ you wouldnt believe what it cost to send!] and saw a box of Tunnocks on the shelf, well needless to say I left the shop with them under my arm and will be downing them tonight!

Jawmedead

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2009, 07:03:27 PM »
I'm siding with you Chris, I'm just looking through Scotland yards files to see if there is any mention of the Polegate Poisoner.

I don't think we have had a Polegate Poisoner but there has been two murders here in my time here. A big woman with only one leg was stabbed by her husband in the 1960s on the landing of their house next to the Post Office in the High Street, she staggered down the stairs to the front door and died on the step.  Opposite is a Chinese takeaway where the owner killed his wife in the late 1980s and buried her in the back yard. It's a quiet village/town really.

I think the next meeting is in June.   Don't Tunnock yourself too much tonight.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 07:08:58 PM by Jawmedead »

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2009, 07:48:26 PM »
Ok! I admit eating too many ‘Tunocks’ but it was only because I sat too close to the pile, however it was indeed Chris who tried to poison us, by pretending they were 'Toffee Tunocks'.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2009, 08:01:34 PM »
Odd, one or two drive by shootings and Bermondsey gets massive national coverage, Polegate keeps its murders secret, perhaps it's a bit like Royston Vasey: A LOCAL place for LOCAL people !

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2009, 09:04:41 PM »
My hunch was right then about Mike eating too many tunnocks tea cakes, this was based on the fact that when we were in Paris every time Myself and Mike Shephard turned around he was eating something, I can still hear him saying "That was a damn fine sandwich!"  Mike, hows my grandads photo coming on?

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2009, 09:03:52 AM »
Your photos are a great piece of social history. I did a couple of rough ones just to see if it could be cleaned up, which it can, so I'll attend to the final one today. Spent too long on the computer in the week so left it over the weekend.

Oh! and by the way, I actually prefer 'Jam Teacakes' to 'Tunnocks'.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2009, 09:24:17 PM »
Thanks Mike. Grandads looking better already! I'm a bit worried about you prefering jam tea cakes to Tunnocks though, sounds a bit pervy to me!

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2009, 04:42:46 PM »
Dear Friends

Three days to go on this KR200 and the bidding has stopped and is still at £9000, but I would expect some last minute bidding.

With £25000 being the upper silly price for a good Microcar, how close will this get to that magic figure?

Keep watching

Chris Thomas

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2009, 08:49:23 AM »
Nice bit of "getting back to thread" there!
 It will be interesting to see if last minute bidding wars push the price into silly territory, even in this recession. It is interesting that, as in the last recession, classic car prices have generally held up better than many standard investments, apart from high prestige cars. Last time E Type Jags, AC Cobras, classic Ferraris etc had gone way through the roof and they plummeted, but the more down-to-earth classics (including micros) held on better.
Who would have thought 30 years ago how high the prices would go. When I was at college in the 70s I used to look in Exchange and Mart and regularly saw Heinkel/Trojans, Messershmitts and Isettas going for £10-£20; several times I nearly bought one. Back then a banger with MOT would be from about £40, so I guess £10 would be about equivalent to £100 these days, so we are talking of around ONE THOUSAND TIMES more valuable today.
There you are folks, 2 whole paragraphs of words, and not a single mention of Tunnocks Tea Cakes, and nothing about lovely North Staffs Oatcakes !

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2009, 09:52:59 AM »
Marcus, that takes me right back to my first year at work as a young barristers clerk on the train to London clutching a fresh copy of exchange and tunnocks. You are right, bubble cars could be bought for a tenner and I did, a nice little red Isetta tunnocks with a blown up engine, sorted with a spare engine in no time. I think I mentioned this before but in those days there was a shop with a yard in Ilford lane that just broke microcars and sold the parts and this kept the little chap going until I got my four wheeler tunnocks license. Back in 1995 the idea was to re-live those days by buying an Isetta again but instead I got embroiled in all these unusual cars and the headaches that go along with restoring the tunnocks. These days I'm feeling the urge to sell everything and buy a nicely restored Isetta. As part of my treatment for the obsession with microcars my therapist is subliminally introducing something else into my subconsciousness that I am fond of to substitute my addiction. Does it show?