Author Topic: Bamby on eBay  (Read 4949 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 11:35:07 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
Re: Bamby on eBay
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 12:02:28 AM »
Ahh love it, But no idea how to get it to Germany. Honestly, it would fit my collection

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 08:48:48 AM »
Ahhh! Caught on camera eyeballing my old girl. Wonder if it still has the CP80 engine I fitted?

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 12:02:22 AM »
So what do you guys think, is the Bamby worth £2,100?
I need to stop buying!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 08:57:58 AM »
I emailed the seller. It still has the 80cc engine fitted, I also fitted steering components from a quadbike. Are they worth the money? Not if you want to drive them, fine to look at in a collection! Market forces will answer.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 10:13:14 AM »
Not original so no good for my collection unless it were £500ish and then I would have to look. As the collectors take over the scene originality and history is going to be very important. If Bob was to win the X factor or something I might revise my interest!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Trident

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 01:02:43 PM »
Just heard the seller stopped the auction early and sold the Bamby for £3,000 to a microcar collector in Tilbury

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 01:13:40 PM »
Actually it was my wifes car and she didnt win the X factor either! :D As I remember , when the car was sold at the bubble auction the original rubbish cs engine was supplied with the car so it could be put back if someone wanted a static display car. I have heard about a collector in Tilbury but never met him. I had a knock on the door oneday from a cheeky essex chappy who siad "do ya wanna sell ya Messertschmitt mate? Me day collects em , we live in Tilbury" At the time I thought Yeah right! Seems like the collector really does exist.   By the way I sold my schmitt yesturday, a sad day indead!

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 01:17:17 PM »
Sad, but sounds like it was inevitable and the right decision - no use having it if you cannot use it!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 02:43:40 PM »

Just heard the seller stopped the auction early and sold the Bamby for £3,000 to a microcar collector in Tilbury

Cough, splutter, choke! It does seem indeed I got mine at just the right time to have been able to have afforded one at all! When we found it, I knew full well that here was possibly my very last oppertunity to got a Bamby at anything like "sensible" money, & lo, it is indeed coming to pass as Bob's old Bamby sets a record price....   :(

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 04:23:32 PM »
Thats if the story is correct . You did well to get yours anyway Stuart, they could well be the Peel of the future!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 08:49:07 AM »
Sold a Bond MkE to a guy in Tilbury some time back and he had several other Microcars. Had a lad stop me when I had two Trojans up on the trailer with much the same conversation as Bob and a bit miffed that I was delivering them to the new owners agent. Took a card and might still have it. Are either of these the Mystery Tilbury collector. I have to say that the southern area of Essex was always a Bubbly area, lots of cars, lots of interest - still is. These more populous areas show up, Southampton, Bournmouth, Bristol. Normally a good dealer in a upper/skilled working class (probably now middleclass) area where the backbone of the British live and retired. The very same types that do not throw things away so why the Microcars survived in some numbers. Though Tilbury struck me as still very much a workers community, not that that means there is not allowed to be a collector there. It just did not look quite where you expect a collection to be based these days.
Conversely I live in a rural area and while in the day we had Kings Motors and Basil over Oxford way the cars died away to be replaced as a common sight pretty quickly in favour of bigger vehicles. It is a relatively empty area for finds but I have done my best. Interesting that to find the cars you have to find the good dealers. There are areas where hardly anything turns up.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs