Author Topic: Mystery Electric Car?  (Read 4581 times)

blob

• Prolific Poster

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Mystery Electric Car?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 08:28:05 PM »
Yes I saw that but did not react as it is deep in the Peoples Republic of Essex nearing the wastelands of the marsh salt mines and Gulag achipeligo of Esturay holiday resorts where it is jellied and jolly. Nice 'innit. I rayleigh know naff all about it though!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 08:53:18 PM »
This belongs to the family that owned the Gables garage Rawreth, remember they had an auction a while back when they sold up. The family also owned the motor museum down Margate way, they had some new Frisky body shells. I bought a scooter car from one of the sons, a nice guy. I collected it from the family home in rural Hanningfield Rayleigh, what a fab place, tudor house in grounds, Al couldnt afford to park there let alone live there!

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 09:21:49 PM »
Dear MIke

The badge translates as YaEmZe. Somehow it may have lost something in the translation, or if written backwards would be ZeEmYa which is no better.

For Russian roads, the tyres and ground clearence are far too small, so I would suggest it was a theme park vehicle or something of that ilk.

Chris Thomas

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 09:58:16 PM »
It would have suited nicely as holiday camp transport - serious business, workers' rest and relaxation.  A friend and I spent a weekend in a shipyard's workers rest camp just at the end of the Soviet era - 36 hours of continual laughter (or suppressed laughter, if anyone was watching us...) - something like 'Carry On Gulag'.

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 12:07:48 AM »
would suggest it was a theme park vehicle or something of that ilk.

I thought as much, having 'made in USSR' on the tires in plain English instead of Cyrillic was a bit convenient.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 09:18:54 AM »
I collected it from the family home in rural Hanningfield Rayleigh, what a fab place, tudor house in grounds, Al couldnt afford to park there let alone live there!

No I could not but I have been there!
 'Bless my soul, Gov! I am only a poor peddler come to trade goods. Could you spare a bowl of gruel for a travelling man, Sir. I've not a groat to my name just what you see. Why thank 'ee, Gov, and may the Lord be with your wallet' Thinks, will not need these death watch beetles after all, keep them for the Jag dealer in Startford next week.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 09:34:08 AM »
Wheeeez! :D  Carefull now, Blob lives in Stratford!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 09:42:10 AM »
Wheeeez! :D  Carefull now, Blob lives in Stratford!

Sorry to say the Jag dealer died a few years ago but he had some very interesting cars. Had a wood framed gaff and I had a few trades with him. I would quite like to find out what happened to the Aurora he had. Should have bought it when he offered it but we can all say that of something or other. Does Blob go to Cox's Yard? Wilko Johnson, Robin Trower.... NICE!

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 12:09:01 PM »
Carefull now, Blob lives in Stratford!

Try Leytonstone!

Does Blob go to Cox's Yard?

No idea what this is, though doubt it still exists as someone's plonked the Olympics in the middle of that whole area!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 01:48:59 PM »
Carefull now, Blob lives in Stratford!

Try Leytonstone!

Does Blob go to Cox's Yard?

No idea what this is, though doubt it still exists as someone's plonked the Olympics in the middle of that whole area!

Ah not Stratford on Avon, silly me I forgot there was one in Essex. What a silly Bard star.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 02:29:26 PM »
Stratford/leytonstone, its all the same!  Who's the Jag dealer in Stratford apon Avon them? being nosey! And why is he collecting deathwatch beetles? :D

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 05:19:30 PM »
Stratford/leytonstone, its all the same!  Who's the Jag dealer in Stratford apon Avon them? being nosey! And why is he collecting deathwatch beetles? :D

He was a collector of interesting cars and had such things as a Goggo, Isetta, Honda S600 and so on as well as some one off Rover, Fiat Dino, several racing cars and some big stuff I took minimal notice of - and Jags. He went to very few rallies being at Sudley National I think. Cannot recall but there was another in that area, Berkeley one at Hatton Gardens or did we have an event at the race course, cannot recall. He was not greatly into driving them to rallies but in tinkering. I first met him at Tackley autojumble, now there was an autojumble worthy of visiting but sadly long gone though it vestigially remains as the tractor and stationary engine jumble at Enstone I believe. Really nice guy who knew a lot and did not mind imparting his knowledge. I could drop in occasionally especially driving a classic. A great trade contact of the old school.
Death watch beetles eat Oak framed buildings so something of a threat or revenge theoretically.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 09:00:08 PM »
Thanks Al. Curiosity satisfied.