Author Topic: RUMCARS OPEN DAY 2011. See the flyer here!  (Read 21182 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: RUMCARS OPEN DAY 2011. See the flyer here!
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2011, 09:47:21 AM »
burford wouldnt happen to be on your doorstep by any chance al . not very central for oos oop north  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2011, 11:44:01 AM »
This is very true. However its nearness to me is not the prime reasoning. It is where the initial national 'drive it to the event' rallies happened and thus has some resonance and history that would encourage those able and willing to participate to make the effort. I would love to nominate Weston Park which also hosted events that were perhaps more inclined to the 'drive it' ethos, a better venue in many ways and central, but we would not get in now as we are too small and/or would need to book at least a year in advance.
The nearness of Burford is actually a minus since I cannot really get out of helping to organise such an event! Given the negativity of several organisations such an event would have to be self or privately backed and create its own following so it would probably harder work than might be imagined. The question remains, is there enough interest in the South to make the event worth while. We know the North harbours some very active drivers, the South seems a lot less active save for a couple of hotspots and individuals. Also the event would still need to cater for a larger number of support vehicles over a weekend than it used to, which given the facilities available in the area suggests a two site event with the Cotswold Wildlife Park playing Saturday due to the habit of folk going home early and thus it being more suitable to have a round robin run out on Sunday so it is less noticeable when folk drift off home through the day. Indeed the very set up Otto came up with for Story all those years ago. This suggests a serious run out on Friday, we used to do about 110 miles at Story on a Bank Holiday, and a Thursday informal ramble. To really match that it immediately suggests Easter or May BH in which case the days slip one back. Trouble is many folk do family things over BH and that would bar the driving of the Micro as planned.
If that event was successful then there is every reason to see it move round the country, not least to prevent the run out repeating itself. Clearly good touring areas would be a requirement with bubble friendly infrastructure. See ideas like getting permission to drive over Barmouth bridge from the powers that be. If your small, use it to advantage.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2011, 09:04:12 AM »
Congratulations to Jean and family for a super day out, very relaxed as always and a good selection of well prepared and roadworthy cars, glorious weather and a great location.
Good to meet up with the great and the good in Rumcar ( that is to to say those that did not come are not great or good) as it is the only time that some of us meet face to face.

I look forward to next year.

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2011, 10:36:18 AM »
Ditto. Fabuloius day both weather wise and in content. Thanks Jean, Andrew, Leaslie and Mike for your hospitality. Also thanks to Jamie for helping me change my tyres, free from the flaky whitewalls [or should I say biege walls] at last! I look forward to seeing the new pictures of the cars which I believe will be used on our new web site when its ready. 

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2011, 01:19:39 PM »
Thanks to everyone who came and made it all worth while.  Thank you for bringing  such a nice selection of cars and being so generous with the donations.  I would appreciate copies of any pictures that were taken (I was too busy talking to take any!) because I have promised Tony and Lynne I would send them some.  Or better still email them direct to Tony at tonyrumcars@aol.com  They want to be kept in touch with what is going on as  they are with us in spirit even if they can't be with us in the flesh.  Lynne has just enjoyed the company of her daughter who lives in America now and had the pleasure of meeting her first grandaughter for the first time which was good but she felt too tired to cope with the journey down to the Farm so soon after.  Thank you once again from the Cooks and Hammonds for making the weekend most enjoyable.   Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2011, 02:56:32 PM »
Shame I wasnt there! I also need pics, but Chris said he can send them this evening. Straight away when I get the pics, I will make the banner, and upload iton the forum so you lot can say if its good enough :)
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2011, 02:00:30 PM »
 Did nobody else take any photos?  :(  Oh well, here's some of mine...

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2011, 04:26:41 PM »
NIce pictures Stuart.There is something strange going on with perspective regards the Scootacar pic, the car looks enormous!!

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2011, 06:13:57 PM »
NIce pictures Stuart.There is something strange going on with perspective regards the Scootacar pic, the car looks enormous!!

They are big compared to Peels!

I find there the result of a Nobel and a Schmitt.

Same tandem seating as a schmitt, similar steering bar, thin and tall, and a bit like a Nobel (the features)
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2011, 07:03:25 PM »
Thanks for sharing the photos Stuart.  :) Wish I could have made it. :( What's that rakish blue job poking it's nose out next to the Gordon?
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2011, 08:00:15 PM »
I can't see it on my computer but I suspect if it is on the right of the Gordon it is Andrew's racing car from the 60's a mini based Aurora once driven by Trevor Taylor and his sister Ann.  Definitely NOT a micro but it was pulled out the garage because the chap who is interested in it said he would be there, but didn't arrive!!!!!!!    Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2011, 11:33:41 PM »
Thanks Jean. I was intrigued as in the photo it looks a lot like the front end of Lance Reventlow's rear-engined Scarab sports car racer. Obviously a very interesting car nevertheless if a bit outside the realm of Rumcars.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2011, 07:23:55 AM »
I can't see it on my computer but I suspect if it is on the right of the Gordon it is Andrew's racing car from the 60's a mini based Aurora once driven by Trevor Taylor and his sister Ann.  Definitely NOT a micro but it was pulled out the garage because the chap who is interested in it said he would be there, but didn't arrive!!!!!!!    Jean
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2011, 07:27:43 AM »

Not the one that used to be owned by Ron Barnacle? I was saving up to buy that but missed out. Had something to do with Bill Blydenstein. I would still like it, unusual car. Probably still saving up though!

jackiep

• Chatty
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2011, 09:36:05 PM »
Hi All ,
    Had  a great time at the Farm , very hot weather & great company . Thanks to all involved ,  Jean ,& all the family .
        Jamie ,  I Must   keep hold of you eggs next time .  Bought some excellent new books   too . Smallish but friendly crowd .
         Sometimes the smaller crowds are better than thie big occasions ,  you can  meet  & chat more .Much appreciated .
           Is there really someone called Barnacle ? .. a friend of Cpt Pugwash ?   Jackie