Author Topic: Microcars at the NEC 2011  (Read 6589 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Microcars at the NEC 2011
« on: November 24, 2011, 11:29:41 PM »
 Better late than never but once again the NEC was invaded by the bubbles in early November, and here on behalf of the commitee are a few tasters of what went on over the three days. First up, a general all-round view of the NMCR stand with a rare outing for one of the world's rarest, and it's not just Jenny Dilks I'm talking about there...   :) 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 11:31:14 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Microcars at the NEC 2011
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 11:40:09 PM »
Meanwhile the Heinkel Trojan Club and the Isetta Owners Club completed the Micro Kingdom of Bubbledom whilst John Meadows will no doubt confirm to us he was rushed off his feet the whole three days.  ;)  Elsewhere further, shock horror as our Chris was spotted fraternising with the opposition!....    :o  ;)  :-*  
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 11:43:05 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 07:52:41 AM »
Ah he means the 'only' Badlydir. At least it appears not to be displayed next to the toilet like the Allard - err!

Notable for an absence of Messerschmitts who used to have a stand here. No idea if they still do as it is not on my radar.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 04:54:09 PM »
Hi Stuart

Many thanks for the images of the NEC stand. You have stolen my thunder as now nobody will want to read my show report in the next edition of Rumcar news.

Thank you for the photo of me discussing with Elvis' brother why there were no copies of your excellent book, for sale on the Reliant owners club stand, for which they did not have a satisfactory answer.

I do not see Reliants, Invalid Carriages, Mopeds or scooters as being the opposition, they all parts of the same community. However American muscle cars are not my thing and neither are military vehicles, but it takes all sorts to make a world.

Thanks again Stuart

Chris Thomas

Daniel Rodd

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 05:03:50 PM »
i believe that some of the books were taken but sold quite quickly(i think) i was pleased to get a copy signed by both authors while at the big Reliant gathering in Tamworth at the books official launch ;D

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 05:49:55 PM »
nice photos - thanks stuart . a great stand with some interesting cars , a while since i saw lawrences ladybird but once seen never forgotten eh ! lots of visitors and old friends . unfortunately the jumble was much less interesting than last year - one stall did have a complete peel back light ( sorry to bore you daniel  :) :)) but a bit dear and quite a few peel lenses without the works , but little else micro that i spotted
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 06:13:10 PM »

However American muscle cars are not my thing and neither are military vehicles, but it takes all sorts to make a world.

Or in the latter's place to blow it up, in fact. Very worrying folk who like playing soldiers, dress up and take things far to seriously. Run away!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 06:18:52 PM »

Thank you for the photo of me discussing with Elvis' brother why there were no copies of your excellent book, for sale on the Reliant owners club stand, for which they did not have a satisfactory answer.

Stuart did not take enough with him. Should have been sent round with a sandwich board with a Robin on his shoulder. Short Stuart Brass, Arrgh. Shiver me Tridents!

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 06:58:31 PM »
Nice photos AND I look forward to more in RCN.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face