Author Topic: Scootacar Mark 1 - In very nice condition!!!!!  (Read 30808 times)

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: Scootacar Mark 1 - In very nice condition!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2012, 07:18:18 PM »
another scam listing.
this time I bid on it to get the user's listed name, not that it will do any good as it is usually false.
user id of p52walshuk
name: Paul Walsh
located allegedly from where the listing says it is.
Phone: (I removed the phone number)

note that this could be a real person who has no clue that his identity was stolen.
it could have come from a stolen credit card, so if you call the number, don't do so with the intent of berating the person, perhaps simply ask about the Scootacar.
If a "Paul Walsh" does answer and claims no knowledge of the car, then you might inform him that his contact info is being used on a fraudulent eBay account.
HOWEVER- if you call and he DOES claim to know about the Scootacar, that would be most interesting.

If anyone finds out that this guy had his ID stolen, I will edit this post to remove his information.

The phone number is listed privately in the contact info, not on the listing page.  Only that email address that is actually embedded in a JPG.

UPDATE: LISTING HAS BEEN YANKED by eBay. and the seller is no longer a Registered User
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 07:58:45 PM by JimJanecek »

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2012, 08:13:53 PM »
Dear Jim

Thanks for that explanation and the update

Keep your eyes peeled.

Chris Thomas

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2012, 10:57:21 PM »
Bit of a white Walsh then. There is a job for full time monitoring all this malpractice! Good job there are switched on folk about to nip it in the bud close to home.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2012, 09:46:54 AM »
JUst tried to have a look, but the item is removed again !

ohartmanno

• Occasional
  • Atlas Roadster
    • Hartmann photography
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2012, 09:37:27 PM »
For anybody who missed the real one, there was another one sold on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Scootacar-SAMS-Handbuilt-model-1-43-/14073609944
for 166.- £ :-)
few cars but all are running nicely :-)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2012, 04:56:30 PM »
i guess i know the one you meant but that link didn't work for me - bobs did though  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2012, 05:43:24 PM »
The brand SAMS always worried me with instant thoughts of guided missiles. Cold war conditioning and daft. Made some very handy kits of which I have a few that might one day be made up. Of course the hand made ones are in demand and another way to have a Microcar collection.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs