Author Topic: The Meadows Frisky  (Read 6481 times)

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
The Meadows Frisky
« on: January 02, 2012, 10:23:00 PM »
I have spent some time over the holiday adding more information on the Frisky site
 www.meadowsfrisky.co.UK
covering the FriskySport, The Sprint and the Bug etc along with information on Gordon Bedson.
I would like to apologise to you for its rather haphazard lay out which is giving me some problems which I hope to sort out soon.

Meanwhile I wish you all a prosperous and very Frisky New Year
Regards
John

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Re: The Meadows Frisky
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 01:14:23 AM »
A fantastic update John, only wish there was this much detailed information about every brand of microcar available on the net,
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 07:36:47 AM »
I have spent some time over the holiday adding more information on the Frisky site
 www.meadowsfrisky.co.UK
covering the FriskySport, The Sprint and the Bug etc along with information on Gordon Bedson.
I would like to apologise to you for its rather haphazard lay out which is giving me some problems which I hope to sort out soon.

Meanwhile I wish you all a prosperous and very Frisky New Year
Regards
John

Hi John,

I'm loving the information!

I've always liked the Friskies! Isnt there a repro Gullwing that someone made out oif the original mold?

JP
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 06:00:57 PM »
Hi John
In wishing you a Happy new year i would like to thank you for all the help you have given me to assist restoration of my 2 frisky sports.The website is a credit to you and shows that the frisky history will never be lost.Long may you continue.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 06:29:34 PM »
Hi John
In wishing you a Happy new year i would like to thank you for all the help you have given me to assist restoration of my 2 frisky sports.The website is a credit to you and shows that the frisky history will never be lost.Long may you continue.

Don't you mean a Zeta Sport?

You're Youtube videos are titles Zeta Sports.

Here is a pic of my dads old one. Original condition :)
Mopeds:

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 07:23:17 PM »
Jonathan. I think you have me mixed up with someone else as mine are friskys.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 07:39:58 PM »
Jonathan. I think you have me mixed up with someone else as mine are friskys.

Yep, I mixed it up, I misread, and thought sprint! My bad!

JP
Mopeds:

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 10:12:01 AM »
I must re read a thing I was doing on Schmitts a while ago as Bedson came up. He certainly got round the place. I think it was something to do with Keift which was possibly racing cars and recall mention of such in a previous thread. I will dig it out given time.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 10:50:23 AM »
Theres a bit on Gordon Bedson in the People section on the Frisky Web site which you might find of interest and I have an ecxellent and comprehensive article by David Young waiting to go on as soon as I have sorted out a couple of technical problems.

Gordon joined Kieft in 1951 when he was involved in many racing car projects, he left them in 1954 and joined Meadows as export Sales Manager. Raymond Flower brought his Phoenix SR 150 race car project back to the UK fron Egypt at the time of the suez crisis and various people expressed an interest in it including Jack Turner and Kieft and a Phoenix 2 SR6 sports racer was developed.

Raymond Flower tested the Phoenix SR 150 at Oulton Park in 1956 at the same time as the Bug prototype was undergoing its seven day trials. The phoenix was driven whilst there by Bedson who no doubt contributed to its design.

The press at the time confused it with the Frisky but there was no conection between them other than they both had Bedson influenced chassis's

Gordon Bedson was indeed a man of many talents, including Guest cook on the Graham Kerr show in Australia! My one regret is I never met him but as they say I know a lot of people who had.

John

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 11:35:04 AM »
That will be it probably but I will find the link as you never know, it might be a new reference or lead somewhere else.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

daveraab

• Just Starting
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 01:46:03 AM »
Hope nobody minds me posting this...

I recently made some molds for a friend of the firsky tail lights and turn signals.  They turned out quite well and I am able to make more if anybody needs them.  Please contact me directly if interested.

Thanks
David
daveraab@aol.com