Author Topic: car badge  (Read 7892 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
car badge
« on: February 23, 2012, 07:55:40 PM »
i love odd car badges - bought this one on ebay recently . my wife reckons she would rather see the MVAA -assemblers or MVSA sellers  ;D

what would make a good badge for members of this forum ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Re: car badge
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 08:10:32 PM »
i love odd car badges - bought this one on ebay recently . my wife reckons she would rather see the MVAA -assemblers or MVSA sellers  ;D

what would make a good badge for members of this forum ?

I am also fascinated by badges... ONe of my favorite is the Messerschmitt RSM (eagle) badge. I also love the bonnet "sculptures" but there not on many micros (if any).

Dont like the Nobel one that much, its too "boring"!

I attached a pic of my version of the Nobel, since I dont have a good pci of the Nobel badge.

JP
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 10:24:47 PM »
Well actually I thinks this IS the ideal badge for this forum, isnt that what most of us do? Dismantle them and never put them back together?  :(

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 10:31:14 PM »
The Powerdrive badge has got to be one of the best, a whacking great lions head!

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 10:55:25 PM »
 ;D

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 09:01:43 AM »
Why the AC badge on a Peel with a Honda motor?
Sure looks different than my Petite's badge.  Is it from an AC Invalid Carriage?
Have you run your pretty P50 much yet?  What is it like to drive?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 08:27:05 AM »
Secretly I think it is because it is made of AC Delboy parts (our name for AC Delco pattern parts) rather than genuine Peel bits, like bent nails and bits of socket sets (you think I am kidding!). Looks suspiciously like a Delboy seat and a few lights coming in from Trottersville there. However I do know why the badge is on this car but you will have to await the official announcement.

I am pleased to say like all good home builds this car does feature a limited amount of Dexion. What would we do without it? I even had a Schmitt with structural Dexion in it. We popped into Junky Haynes on the return from a bit of serious ICR spotting near Heathrow-up Airport and a new topic Capt Maurice Seddon, which is gestating at the moment. Root lived up to his name by disappearing under a pile of scrap cars to re emerge with various grubby items. After discovering that these were, in fact, his boots he went back in to collect the aforementioned dexion while I embroidered this story sat in a pile of NOS Ford parts wondering if there was anything useful other than the Ford Ponce GTX offroader (the one designed not to go off road but with spray on dirt) special edition footballers accessory handbag in which I found the stitching set just used. I like Capt Seddon.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 10:41:57 AM »
nurse please !
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 06:38:16 PM »

...on the return from a bit of serious ICR spotting near Heathrow-up Airport and a new topic Capt Maurice Seddon, which is gestating at the moment.

...while I embroidered this story...

nurse please !

It got even more intresting later on as Fritz Fend & even Herbie's triplets gets involved too.  ;)   (Note; To all those who think the above is pure lunacy, in actual fact it is all true, did all take place, and does all inter-relate with everything else. The ICR has indeed been busy down by Heathrow these past few days, but a little while longer must pass before the whole story can be told...)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 07:44:53 PM »
Dont tell me, gas powered invalid carriages?

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 09:08:59 PM »
Especially made for those with iritable bowel syndrome.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 09:38:49 PM »
Well actually I thinks this IS the ideal badge for this forum, isnt that what most of us do? Dismantle them and never put them back together?  :(

I bought DUF dismantled and I mantled it. Mantled? Yup mantled!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 09:32:29 AM »
There are exceptions Marcus. Well mantled! :D