Author Topic: RUMCAR NEWS 112  (Read 20839 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
RUMCAR NEWS 112
« on: March 16, 2012, 01:23:52 PM »
The Spring Edition of RUMCAR NEWS is in the post.  Our first issue this year is slightly thinner than usual but still lots of good articles.  Come on peoples give Chris a hand, send him some articles we can't expect him to do it all for you.  Incidentally there is a flier included asking you to send details of your new acquisitions  or alterations to what cars you own to Alastair please keep him busy too!!!
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: RUMCAR NEWS 112
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 11:23:39 AM »
I got mine this morning and again a great issue, if you don't have yours yet be warned of some scary mug shots on pages 3 and 4 of some desperate looking characters! I wouldn't want to meet any of them down a dark alley, that's for sure!!

Congratulations to Perry on the completion of his P50 restoration in its original colour, it looks great!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 11:50:00 AM »
may i second bobs remarks - much good reading to come well done chris and co. by the way if you thought john meadows quiet this issue i wouldnt expect much help from goggo mike shepherd after the pic. you posted  ;) scarey stuff  ;D to any children who might see the pic i meant  :D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 12:41:22 PM »
Hi
  I received mine this morning, I'm ashamed at Chris for putting that picture of me in the mag, as you may or may not know I collapsed before christmas ( a mini stroke) I have had three before and did some damage to my face, they think I might have cracked a cheekbone and it is still swollen that side of my face - I am keeping a low profile and waiting for an operation, and in the meantime I am recoving - I did not reply to Chris asking for a phograph as I thought he has plenty of me - that photo of me must have been taken of me when I was very cross with Chris for not allowing me in to take  my autujumble stall on jeans event ( because I did not come in a microcar) I came in my Bedford van - he did offer me a wheelbarrow to wheel my autojumble in to the event - but with one arm not working properly I refused. I am considering whether to carry on!!!!!!!!!
                                                                                                                                                        Mike

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 02:11:20 PM »
I wouldn't worry Mike. Its the photo of Chris that is the scary mug shot, it even has the convict number on it!  :D :D

I wasnt aware you had been so ill, I wish you a fast recovery.

Here is a photo of us both on a happier day!

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 03:01:01 PM »
here's my favorite photo of Mike, very bubbly:

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 05:56:47 PM »
great pic . i sold that to mike i had it machine knit for me - good innit , no wonder he's smiling  :)

stoery rally, germany i imagine - another great reason to smile  ;D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 05:59:21 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 09:27:00 AM »
here's my favorite photo of Mike, very bubbly:

I often wondered if Mike should not have a Bubble bobble hat to go with this sweater. The only bobble hat with a sunshine roof for those intermediate days where your ears are cold but your bonce is warm.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 09:30:41 AM »
Dear Mike

I am sorry to hear that you have not been weel the last few months. I did wonder why my email had gone unanswered.

Unfortunately I am not very good at taking photographs of people, and I only had two images of you taken in 2008 at the open day. So I chose the best of what I had. . Let me have your favorite photo and I will ensure that it has pride of place in the next edition.

As Jean says I can do with as much help as possible to fill each editon of RCN, and as I have said before it is you guys who have all the knowledge, not me. I am just the person who pulls it all together. So if you have never written a magazine article before I urge you to have a go. I am very good at helping writers by taking their work and pulling it back into shape, without the readers knowing.

What I would like is some articles about the development and history of a particular engine manufacturer, or the weird and wonderful steering arm arangements used on a range of cars. Or Microcar firsts. Things that appeared on microcars before anybody else used them, like Fuel injection, Electric gear change, Dyna start, Glass Fibre bodies. The list of possible subjects is as big as your imagination.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 06:51:56 PM »
My very good wishes to Mike for a speedy recovery back to full health and vitality, we all need you. The last time we spoke you said you had been unwell but as usual made very light of it, so please take care and don't over do things. Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 07:40:01 PM »
Nice, good issue as usual!

One typo though, it says "PVT" on the front page. However, the contents make up for it :)
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 07:44:32 PM »
Dear Jonathan

Well spotted. Give your self a Merit Mark for observation. How did we manage to miss that!!!!.. It just goes to show that sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 08:23:11 PM »
another typo i was wondering who Mark was . of course you meant a merit mark  ;)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 09:29:49 PM »
Dear Jonathan

Well spotted. Give your self a Merit Mark for observation. How did we manage to miss that!!!!.. It just goes to show that sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

I was wondering what a PVT was until I read it in the mag!
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 08:45:17 AM »
Shame about the photo of Mike, but the other two of him beaming away in Bob's Inter and in LD's jumper are great...what a jumper, brill!

Great issue, well done to all involved.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face