Author Topic: How many holes does a German Fulda S7 wheel have?  (Read 4191 times)

blob

• Prolific Poster
How many holes does a German Fulda S7 wheel have?
« on: March 30, 2012, 10:24:20 AM »
Dug myself into a corner this morning having emailed a guy with Attica wheels for sale, stating 4 mounting holes were not enough to fit a Fulda S7! But having no decent pics to hand, I'm genuinely intrigued?

Oh found this unrelated pic of a modified Bambi on the net, looks like one of Jonathan's drawings : http://imageshack.us/f/357/1407081155tf3.jpg/  ;D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 10:26:06 AM by blob »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: How many holes does a German Fulda S7 wheel have?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 03:40:03 PM »
modified  ? aah the sidestand - very useful i think !
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 06:19:04 PM »
Dug myself into a corner this morning having emailed a guy with Attica wheels for sale, stating 4 mounting holes were not enough to fit a Fulda S7! But having no decent pics to hand, I'm genuinely intrigued?

Oh found this unrelated pic of a modified Bambi on the net, looks like one of Jonathan's drawings : http://imageshack.us/f/357/1407081155tf3.jpg/  ;D

Unusual modification!

Nobel hubs have 6 mounting pointsz, but Fuldas have 3, so I guess they have 6 holes, 3 for holding wheel together, 3 to mount.

Nobels where very heavy duty as you know, very thick heavy chassis, thicker hubs, thicker axle "arm", etc...
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 01:21:48 PM »
Nobel hubs have 6 mounting pointsz, but Fuldas have 3,

That's exactly what I said having both Nobel and Fulda S6 spares in my pile for reference, though with only one decent pic on Fuldamobil.de showing 6 holes, with the owner describing the car as a German Nobel, I'm now unsure what a Fulda S7 has, apparently the Attica has 4! And the seller is certain they're the same a s a German Fulda S7.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 01:25:35 PM by blob »

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 05:07:43 PM »
Nobel hubs have 6 mounting pointsz, but Fuldas have 3,

That's exactly what I said having both Nobel and Fulda S6 spares in my pile for reference, though with only one decent pic on Fuldamobil.de showing 6 holes, with the owner describing the car as a German Nobel, I'm now unsure what a Fulda S7 has, apparently the Attica has 4! And the seller is certain they're the same a s a German Fulda S7.

German nobel? that reminds me of the very beginning of nobels. A few English people went to visit the Fulda factory, planning on production in the UK.

They were dissapointed to see that it was a small building, not a proper fazctory (well, so was the Nobel factory!).

The first 50 Nobels were built by them, with slightly different bodywork (I htink the mold was split right in the middle, so bodsies where made in 2 symetric parts), and my Nobel ni one of them.

JP
Mopeds:

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 06:06:51 PM »
when did fulda/nobels first get their streak of lightening ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 06:24:02 PM »
Hi Jonathan- How where the bodies assembled?  One of mine shows a big and nasty, but original looking patch partially delaminated from the fiberglass floor only at the vertical midline starting at the inner bumper level and extending down to the plywood floor panel.  The other one doesn't show this, and they both appear seamless above the level of the bumper protrusion of the body casting.

Also, I notice that one has a 2"x 4" wooden block mounted at an oblique angle just ahead of the passenger wheel well that is bonded to the fiberglass body.  It has a concave upper border that looks like it may have been put there for mounting the spare..  My red and white one shows an unpainted footprint on the same area of the floor with 2 bolt holes apparent within the confines of the outline.  I guess they decided at some point  to bolt on rather than glue on a similar block.  I still don't see any way that they secured the spare or I am presuming a jack that must have also come with these cars.
Do you have pictures showing the correct setup and what the jacks looked like?
My red and white came with the spare secured neatly under the plywood floor by a long bolt into same. 

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 07:21:42 PM »
Hi Jonathan- How where the bodies assembled?  One of mine shows a big and nasty, but original looking patch partially delaminated from the fiberglass floor only at the vertical midline starting at the inner bumper level and extending down to the plywood floor panel.  The other one doesn't show this, and they both appear seamless above the level of the bumper protrusion of the body casting.

Also, I notice that one has a 2"x 4" wooden block mounted at an oblique angle just ahead of the passenger wheel well that is bonded to the fiberglass body.  It has a concave upper border that looks like it may have been put there for mounting the spare..  My red and white one shows an unpainted footprint on the same area of the floor with 2 bolt holes apparent within the confines of the outline.  I guess they decided at some point  to bolt on rather than glue on a similar block.  I still don't see any way that they secured the spare or I am presuming a jack that must have also come with these cars.
Do you have pictures showing the correct setup and what the jacks looked like?
My red and white came with the spare secured neatly under the plywood floor by a long bolt into same. 

Hi Steven,

I don't know the chassis numbers of your cars. I havent really studied the inside of my car, but I dont remember any obvious seam (though there should be one).

The block is for a spare wheel, normally fixed on with elsastics.

Sorry, I dont have any pics like that, since I dont think they ever had jacks.

My spare wheel wooden piece was screwed onto the floor, not bolted orr glued.

Dont understand the question Mike. When did they start production? nobels in 1958 and fuldas 1950, and more precisely S7s in 1957.

JP
Mopeds:

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 11:30:14 AM »
Mystery keys from a car I have had at some point. The Downton Motor Co. Ltd. Wilts key fob just says 'Nobel 200 ''bubble'' '. Key FP685 and FS923. That suggests a Lucas ignition switch. I think the one Nick had from me was still on its HUF switch. Prior to that I had 11/2 which Mike bought. Since they had been messed with it is more likely from them? If prior perm any one of a dozen. Check your locks chaps.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs