Author Topic: Classic and Sportscar August 1987  (Read 10660 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Classic and Sportscar August 1987
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 09:20:02 AM »
Fav, oh that is difficult. Ultimately I just relish the fact they were all bonkers and did not care what anyone thought. Viv was like Peter Cook, both being hugely talented, but ultimately you cannot help feeling that much of their best output was in private or not recorded. Certainly a lot would not be allowed now in our PC world where we must not upset anyone. Which of course fails to understand that needles are needed to puncture and all part of why a wheel has fallen off this country. Humour is not only a safety valve it is a devastating weapon handled correctly. Quie Jimmy Carr, Comedians are paid to take the pee out of politicians and not the other way round. What a world.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 09:53:20 AM »
Dear Al

I do not believe I have ever seen a photograph of both you and Viv Stanshaw together. Is there something you wish to tell us all?
Deed Poll is a ueful service, and it can change your name, but the likeness is just too close to deny.

My favorites were Mr Slaters Parrot and My pink half of the drain pipe. I think I still have all their LP's.

Chris Thomas

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 01:12:00 PM »
Another fan of the Bonzos and all the related bands/members. Neil Innes was the other powerful voice in BDDDB, and collaborated with Monty Python in some films, as well as with Eric Idle in the Rutles. The Rutles were a pastiche of the Beatles, a fictitious band from Rutland. Their Ringo-style drum kit had the bass drum head's logo and maker's name cleverly altered: instead of saying Ludwig it actually said Earwig. Nice detail.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face