Author Topic: Trident tested  (Read 2570 times)

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Trident tested
« on: July 12, 2012, 12:44:35 AM »
Just in case anyones interested in the ongoing 125cc enlarged non-Peel. I think the scaling up actually improves the look (or perhaps having smaller people drive the original) but if you're going to change everything about the car why not just start from scratch and give us a brand new microcar?

http://www.56.com/u60/v_Njk5NTQwNjU.html

http://www.56.com/u56/v_Njk5NTM5NzM.html

Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Trident tested
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 07:16:33 AM »
 I agree. I cannot see the point of this car myself.

Maybe its a whole new thing but if Microcars are to become an area for kits and replicas I loose interest pretty fast, really. Its bad enough when the Microcar definition is becoming so wide as to let in anything vaguely related in, like it has three wheels. The trade off is if those owners have something to say about them that is interesting but these new plastic pimples live in a world of un-established facts and mystery. This goes back as far as Tri Tech. You would have thought that the remaining functioning Tri Tech cars might be bringing something to the table by now but I find little feed back. They only turn up to beg crumbs off the table. When offered a page in a magazine to attempt to help them on mass, silence.  I think there are a lot of frustrated collectors out there and maybe offering an apparently easy solution to ownership of otherwise hard to own cars brings in those who are not naturally sharing types or bothered in making technical research to support their activities. That is a distraction and drain on the main event, proper microcars.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs