Author Topic: brogan cars  (Read 8205 times)

brogan

• Just Starting
brogan cars
« on: October 05, 2012, 08:42:48 PM »
new to the forum not sure if ive put this question in the right place.

trying to find out more about the microcars frank designed and if anyone has got one or seen one of his cars/scooters etc

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: brogan cars
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 11:12:33 PM »
Dear Brogan

There is a little on the 3-wheelers.com web site under B&B speciality. Being an American vehicle we have never seen any in the UK only pictures.

Was Frank Brogan a relative of yours, or have you found one to renovate?

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 07:53:31 PM »
a quick google made me none the wiser . brogan car just brought up loads about a  car dealer in ireland . brogan cars usa just brought similar about dealers called brogan or dealers in brogan . come on then what is it ?  ???
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 09:09:19 PM »
Here is a photo of a 1951 Brogan Broganette Deluxe I found on the web....  Neat!!!

Lots of luck....Ian.
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 09:13:55 PM »
jeez !! and i thought my Gordon was ugly  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 09:16:14 PM »
Here is the blurb that accompanied the photo.....

Vehicles with three wheels were thought to be the future of economy cars following the wars. Brogan, a American company built a series of odd-looking three-wheelers with two-cylinder engines.

Another site shows the same photo but claims it to be a 1946  ????

Ian.
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 08:53:47 AM »
That is spectacularly grotesque, but that does make it vaguely charming.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 10:29:06 AM »
Beauty is in the eye eh . I would still like one love rarities. Come on then brogan you started it all - spill the beans

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 09:24:42 PM »
In "The Standard Catalog of American Cars 1946-1975" on page 809, There are two entries and three photos for the Brogan.  The first entry is 1946-1948, and shows two models, the Brogan Runabout 2 passenger, with an Onan 2 cylinder 10 bHP engine with 60" wheelbase, weighing in at 450 lbs, and costing $600.00 with a total production of 30.  The second photo is of a 1948 Brogan Package Car, one cylinder, but no further data.   It does state though that the two-passenger cars were sometimes called "B & B". 

The second entry  1949-1950 Brogan states that Brogan made the Broganette which was 4 passenger, but no data other than the 2 cylinder Onan a/c engine again of 10 bHP, and wheelbase of 120".  Made by B & B Specialty Co., Rossmoyne, Ohio.  Under the photo it states that it is one-cylinder??? and they call it a roadster. The photo is a roadster.  So maybe two models of the Broganette, a two cylinder 4 seater, and a one cylinder roadster.  Fascinating.

Maybe four models of the Brogan.

Now I have another or two or four "must find" vehicles.                              Ian.

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 01:04:56 AM »
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 04:21:05 PM »
was brogan just flying a kite ? or trying to stir up interest before he sells his ?  ;D

brogan

• Just Starting
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 02:06:33 PM »
I was just trying to find out if anyone new more than me or had one of these cars/scooters as my mum was telling me about her uncle who made these.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 10:09:23 PM »
now your talking  :)great stuff . funnily enough the car looks a bit similar to the AC invalid car recently posted under another heading

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 10:11:04 PM »
 Yup, definitely a similarity with the AC.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face