Author Topic: More info needed on a mouse  (Read 3662 times)

milnes

• Quite Chatty
More info needed on a mouse
« on: August 09, 2009, 05:05:54 PM »
Hi guys, first i will introduce myself, my names Scott in live North East Scotland and have been interested in Unusual 3 wheelers for 3-4 years now. I have a drivable Bond Bug, 2 reliant ants needing work, 2 bond bugs needing work & a 4 wheel Webster bug which is in the process of being restored.
I've been skulking on here for about a year but never joined in to any of the chat sorry.
Now i would like some info:

I've been offered a 3 wheel car called a Mouse, it's got a single Cylinder diesel 200cc Yanmar engine, Reg in 1988 and is from Denmark.

Condition: Can't prove engine is working due to electrics to barrel being shot, some splits in the plastic leading onto dome roof.

Does anyone have more info on the car and any clue on the value?

Rgds

S
I need to stop buying!

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: More info needed on a mouse
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 05:10:27 PM »
Welcome to the fun! Can't help, but someone might. I like the look of the 4w WMC...pics?
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 06:39:39 PM »
Hi Marcus and thanks for the welcome. I've got a couple of pictures of the Webster bug that i will try and figure how to put on here.

Now for the mouse, i've went and looked at the car and it's not a mouse....It's a mini EL diesel.

Anyone have info on these kind of cars?

Again i will try and put some pics on here once i've figured out how to  do it.

???
I need to stop buying!

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 07:31:41 PM »
I'm pretty certain there was a Mini El write up in a back dated issue of RCN not so very long ago, plus have you contacted 'the battery vehicle society' as I'm sure they'd be of use to you.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 08:54:34 PM »
Dear Scott

The Mini EL is the early version of the City EL. They are now made in Germany and are all electric, however I believe some were converted to small combustion engines to give them more range. They are only designed for one person and are best on a smooth road due to the very narrow tyres at the rear. They are certainly collectable, but how far you would want to travel in it I would not like to say.

As blob suggests contact the Battery Vehicle Society who have about 8 on their register, all electric.

Good luck

Chris Thomas

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 06:53:49 PM »
We do in fact have a deisel Mini-El on the Register No R.615  Itt did live in Essex and was entered in the Shell Mileage Marathon in 1993.  Unfotrtunately I have lost contact with the owner over the years.  There were in fact two articles written abou this little car in RCN 26 and 40 but once again those issues are both out of print but if you car to make contaact I could get the articles photocopied for you. Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 10:08:16 PM »
Hi Jean, Thanks for the offer, mail sent to you.  :)

I will contact the guys at the BVS, but they might not welcome me since my Mini El is diesel  ;)

I will try and put some pics up over the weekend.
I need to stop buying!