Author Topic: Micro club web presence  (Read 2317 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Micro club web presence
« on: October 16, 2012, 09:53:33 PM »
In turning out the shed and bringing home boxes of stuff to sort I have found certain quantities of parts that could be of interest to various Microcar Club spares services. However a look on the web shows that some have no or limited website access which seems quite a surprise in this day and age. Then again clubs are hostage to those skills belonging to the folk prepared to donate time, I suppose.  Nonetheless it underlines a remaining situation where unlike other countries with either one microcar club or a more integrated club structure, Britain is in the dark ages in terms of getting things done together or using cross club co-operation.

I found no real way to access a info drop on Berkeley or Bond spares to propagate the information of what I might be able to offer them. HTC Ltd were more than pleased to take advantage of some stuff that suited them. Then again perhaps the days of Club spares services are coming to an end in favour of private enterprise. All I know is I do not want to be selling some of this stuff for the next 20 years, so if those marques who are unsupported cannot be contacted it will end up elsewhere. Possibly I will go international, they are easier to contact! Same goes for finding out when their rallies are.

As if to prove me right Jean-do has posted his next year dates, pity its a clash but plenty of time to make plans. Jim Jameson is promoting next year too. Chrimbo and family holiday planning period is but 10 weeks off. After that it will be to late to net some folks who have to book their holidays, as they still have a job. Bit of a novelty but someone has to do it.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 11:37:35 AM by Big Al »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Micro club web presence
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 08:36:21 AM »
Al mike hele at bondspares would be very interested I am sure . Don't have his address handy its on my laptopand I am on my blackberry . Message later
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 06:24:23 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977