Author Topic: Frankenstein Bond?  (Read 8137 times)

blob

• Prolific Poster
Frankenstein Bond?
« on: April 03, 2013, 10:29:41 AM »
Seller states it's 8ft long and was trying to model it on an 'A', though the description also states the engine drives a single rear wheel, hmmm... 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bond-Minicar-/221208706088?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item338110fc28#ht_327wt_0

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Frankenstein Bond?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 10:43:17 AM »
funny i was going to post this myself - but didn't know what to say !!
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 10:49:07 AM »
Bond Mk A meets Monkey Bike means Macaque doesn't it?

And from the home of dodgy motors too, I see.

Next I am going to build a replica of a Bugatti Atlantique out of a of dead giant tortoise called Cyril, a BMX Bike and 6 cylinder Gardner engine using a V5 for an Austin Atlantic.

I love it, eBay brings you everything if you wait long enough and I needed a giggle
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 11:09:35 AM »
In this case I have to agree with Al, this Essex man appears to be a lunatic although by most accounts, especially from my American sources the real home of dodgy motors used to be a small village in Oxfordshire. ;)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 04:08:12 PM »
I live in what was the capitol of England and held the line until the Danelaw, protecting you East Anglians amongst others. Coo, stone me what a rabble (that's Saxon, that is). Not sure what Village they are talking about but there is a Farringdon in Hampshire which is a village with Microcar connections.

Which leads to the very worrying fact that our air sea rescue service has been sold to America.

'Hello. Hello. yes that is right were go in on Eddystone'

'Gee, is that near Nashville?'

'No its off The Lizard and Start Point'

'Yeah, Nashville, on the strip'

'No its in the sea off Devon'

'Oh, shit man! We cannot go out there.  The winds is blowing and Health and Safety will not let Ralph get wet. Tell you what if we send a cruise missile and blow the crap out of little ol' Eddy there, would that do'?

Britain has gone bonkers and a great reward for our pilots to come home after serving in Afghanistan etc. to find some Americans have got their next jobs. P45 anybody? By the way what do we do for quality helicopter pilots when the Argies re invade the Falklands? Roll out the navy with a radio controlled Swordfish on an Avon dinghy? Might as well have Faringdon as Capitol of Britain for all the worth this lot of numbties are worth.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 08:22:58 PM »
Its a shame as it would be interesting to know what it actually is
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 08:51:17 PM »
well it would have been helpful if he photographed it ! i thought that was his workbench !! oh and by the way what is the reg. no.? it being so valuable .
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 08:53:07 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 09:02:30 PM »
Sorry got bored this afternoon.

Odd advert for all reasons stated. Will one of the happy band in that area be tempted to view it?

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 09:07:07 PM »
See his other items for sale - Electric Peel Trident etc.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 09:17:34 PM »
the photographs are incredible the berkeley t60 is the best. he only has 3 alloy wheels so suggests for a trike  :D lol

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 09:48:44 PM »
A wealth of projects and ideas. Managed to get V5s on stuff too. I particularly like the Berk/Reliant that has been restored by Alien. It just burst out of the engine through the bonnet there.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 01:12:28 PM »
Hmmm   Lifting section and base of a Peel Trident fiber glassed together because they were a bad fit? I wonder who made it in the first place? Wouldnt it have been better to cut and shut it until it did fit?

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 05:40:58 PM »
Well the man has created a load of scrap a complete waste of what were probably restorable cars

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 06:45:11 PM »
despite rumours this is NOT me selling through a third party  :D

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 08:48:14 PM »
Interesting the only thing bid on is the plastic pig