Author Topic: First sun beams  (Read 20224 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: First sun beams
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2013, 06:32:35 PM »
metallic/polychromatic green or blue seems to have been the theme of the week. yep the sunbeams seem to have been all green and the triumphs mainly the blue .
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2013, 06:57:11 PM »
Blimey, we all agree! Errrr. They always break down on Thursdays!

Seriously though - If you have a chance of a well priced one and feeling scootery I recommend buying as it is different to most anything else and it does actually work rather well unlike some oddball Brit bike things. It is the RUM persons usable scooter, in a way.

Indeed war reparations. To BSA the Deek engine. To Ariel the Kreidler twin that turns up in the Leader etc. To Bristol the BMW best. To Austin the Seven, damn, that was one of ours! To JFK little sausages called Berliners, and so on. Not quite sure where the Raliegh Whisp came in, nicked off the French there, but its an easy mistake to make if your from t'NORTH, I say NORTH.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2013, 07:30:39 PM »
sorry rather pixelated on my pc click on the title below the pic rather than the pic itself for possibly best results
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 07:35:33 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2013, 03:35:31 PM »
Ahhh!  Nowadays wheels are done up on a production line with some fancy controlled-torque air gun, but I see the Triumbeam scooters were built by real professionals where the other end of a socket speed handle is pressed against the operators knee as a finely-tuned torque meter....

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2013, 05:37:45 PM »
Note the loose fitting trouser of the period. Ah, the old Windy Gun, and his mate Gusty Gareth in good shirt sleeve order, there.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 05:39:48 PM by Big Al »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2013, 06:45:28 AM »
hehe forgot to tell the result of my moped trip...

My dad insisted he brings the moped on the trailmer until we arrive at the starting point. After unloading, having a drink, etc... we set off. My moped was the oldest one there (quite funny since I was one of the youngest riders there!), and it was also the fastest one... Well there was another moped like mine but more modern with different frame and tank, which was juist as fast... Until the point my brakes started to go bad... Something must have happened, making the brakes "work" even without touchibng the lever. It lmopst a lot of power due to that, people though uit was a brake pad that came off.

I given up after 40km, which still isn't bad, but nothing like the 150km I was going to do!

Back home I dismantled it all. The wheel "bolt" (spindle, whjatever yo want to call it) was bent, making the brake backplate squiffy, making the pads touch. I changed the "bolt" with az good one I had. It stil didn't do much difference, but it stopped braking. The exhaust was very coked up! Soimeone gave me some fuel sice I didn'ty have enough, and his fuel was VERY rich, it kept making clouds of smoke... After changing the fuel, decoking exhaust,; etc... now its perfect!

This morning I'm off to school on it, hoping it won't break down, and if it DOES, hopefully it will be on the way there  ;D
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2013, 10:15:44 AM »
Dont let your first experience put you off, I takes a good few mile to flush out the faults untill you end up with a reliable machine. Are you sure the guy who gave you the petrol wasnt a saboteur because you were going faster than him? ;D

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2013, 02:37:21 PM »
Dont let your first experience put you off, I takes a good few mile to flush out the faults untill you end up with a reliable machine. Are you sure the guy who gave you the petrol wasnt a saboteur because you were going faster than him? ;D
  hehe nope he was the one who was just as fast as me ;)

I was going to bring it to an old vehicle exposition and autojumble, but my dad won't let me since I only have a provissional license and no plates (you can ride 1 month with no plates after buying it, all you need is a dummy receipt!)
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2013, 06:02:23 PM »
A reciept from a dummy, or to a dummy?

Triporteur

• Quite Chatty
    • Online Bicycle Museum
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2013, 06:19:00 AM »

Big Al: Indeed war reparations. To BSA the Deek engine. To Ariel the Kreidler twin that turns up in the Leader etc. To Bristol the BMW best.

Big Al - you forgot the most important of the war reparations! - to EMI the Cyclemaster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qDbUlwiat4
Online Bicycle Museum - http://oldbike.eu

Online Cyclemaster Museum - http://Cyclemaster.co.uk

Sales: http://BuyVintage.co.uk

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2013, 07:54:31 AM »
Yes indeed. It is really quite predictable that the Brits playing with nicked old German technology would get overtaken by Germans playing with their new technology. Seeing how many times you can rebuild the same unit is not really quite the same as making a better one.

I still feel that the Germans were the first nation to get to the Moon. Just happened the passengers were, and bill was, paid by Americans.