Author Topic: MANOCAR  (Read 4129 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
MANOCAR
« on: September 23, 2013, 12:26:11 PM »
i was intrigued to see that Alistair lists R1261 a Manocar as a new addition to the Register in the latest issue of the mag .Is this the ex- Weiner one or the other surviving car of the two made ? I note it's a different colour of course but it was a new one on me . also never heard of a 125cc SABB engine .

http://microcarmuseum.com/tour/manocar.html

not to say i am uninterested in the new Cars GRADALOUP, MOCHET model K ,ARDEX or the DOUS also newly listed - i presume owned by one  Frenchman - nice interesting collection
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 12:37:13 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: MANOCAR
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 01:57:04 PM »
i was intrigued to see that Alistair lists R1261 a Manocar as a new addition to the Register in the latest issue of the mag .Is this the ex- Weiner one or the other surviving car of the two made ? I note it's a different colour of course but it was a new one on me . also never heard of a 125cc SABB engine .

http://microcarmuseum.com/tour/manocar.html

not to say i am uninterested in the new Cars GRADALOUP, MOCHET model K ,ARDEX or the DOUS also newly listed - i presume owned by one  Frenchman - nice interesting collection

The Manocar is the same one purchased at the Museum Auction by the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville TN.
The other vehicles you list were also acquired by the Lane Motor Museum at the same auction, but 2 of them are spelled incorrectly.
GRATALOUP and DAUS would be the correct spelling.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 02:43:51 PM »
thanks Jim . interesting - Chris's spelling gremlin again or was it Alastair joining the club .
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:12:12 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 04:40:13 PM »
Dear Jim and Richard

I have to admit that as editor I am responsible. Alastair did get two of them wrong and I did not spot it,  and neither did Nick Georgano our proof reader, and then I miss typed the third one. Perhaps I should get the headmaster to proof read for me. The saying " Cant see the wood for the trees" is my only defence, but as an editor it would not stand up in court.

I plead guilty M'lud

Chris T
Rumcar News

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 06:10:25 PM »
really sorry to be so pedantic on this but .... i read RUM hear of 3 new, to me, cars so i google them as you do . on UNUSUAL MICROCARS we really should be faultless  ;)

H.M.

Alastair

• Chatty
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 02:10:04 PM »
Good of you to take the blame Chris but I'm afraid mia culpa. Yes folks I've said it, I am capable of making mistakes. I am but a humble inputter of data. I don't profess to having an encyclopaedic knowledge of microcars. I try to input information exactly as it is given to me. Sometimes I have difficulty reading handwriting, sometimes I copy incorrect spellings, sometimes I make spelling errors all of my own creation. I do usually try to proof read and research things I'm not sure about, but sometimes deadlines or my own life gets in the way.
I'm always open to receiving personal emails if you spot a mistake rather than flogging me in public - I seldom visit the Forum anyway unless prompted. You are right Richard my work should be faultless. The Register has been amended to reflect the correct spellings of both vehicles. Must dash now my tumbril awaits!

Alastair

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 03:12:42 PM »

I'm always open to receiving personal emails if you spot a mistake rather than flogging me in public - I seldom visit the Forum anyway unless prompted.

I was responding only to Richard's post.
You guys take this way too seriously.

That being said, I expect to see a full page retraction in the next issue with a copy of the incident report and thorough summary of the investigation into the cause(s) and culprit(s) behind this heinous act. The BBC has already inquired about purchasing the rights to the story to use in a 5-part mini-series, so make it good.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 05:21:40 PM »
 :D  I'm sure the BBC would love to turn this into a mini drama as it may divert the license paying publics attention away from all the heinous acts that they have been involved in for the last few decades! ???

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 06:57:33 PM »
What's a decade? Something to help people walk about on a sailing ship.  ???
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 08:05:12 PM »
extremely sorry to seem so unappreciative , i didn't mean to be so negative. It really shows that now Alastair writes it all up in such detail it does get read with such enthusiasm . once again apologies .
anyhow did anyone else know anything about these cars - perhaps they were written up in great detail during my period of self imposed exile from RUM mag . - glad i am back