Author Topic: don't neglect Gordon  (Read 8000 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
don't neglect Gordon
« on: August 01, 2013, 09:06:52 PM »
this is what happens in 20 years of neglect , don't let it happen  :-[ bob spoke to someone at Jeans that now seems to be thinking of tackling this one BEFORE it's too late . this picture was taken about 20 years ago
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: don't neglect Gordon
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 09:16:47 PM »
this is now
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 09:25:06 PM »
Has the same person got a frisky in similar circumstances
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 09:30:08 PM »
no why ? he is not a microman - YET  ;)

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 09:39:47 PM »
Is this the one that could be seen from the train in a garden in the London area ?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 09:41:42 PM »
it was yep but many miles away now . the two pics are in a different location.

no clues other than that as we are not sure of his intentions - nor is he i think  :)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 09:44:39 PM by richard »

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 09:54:16 PM »
Needs to be sympathetically restored/reinstated and preserve as much of the original paint and features as possible.
Keep in regular contact with the owner then as I seem to remember the one discovered in Newcastle some years ago was eventually scrapped  :(

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 10:37:43 PM »
hmmm

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 09:02:26 AM »
When I spoke to the guy at Jeans he appeared to be primarily interested in what things are worth. Most of his conversation revolved around auction prices, missed opportunities etc etc , I did explain that yes it is a rare car but that would not guarantee that he would be on much of a profit after a full restoration. Interest seemed to fade almost immediately. I cant see any restoration, sympathetic or even a proper one   ;) by this guy. I think it will be down to someone further along the line, that's if it survives that long.

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 01:27:13 PM »
I think it was encouraging that he was interested enough to go along to the open day. It suggests he is interested in it for what it is and does want to do something with it even if he doesn't know what at the moment. Better storage will at least help it retain it's remaining intrinsic value. What would be good would be a cheaper alternative to one of those carcoon type things.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 02:06:17 PM »
Lets hope so but not the impression I got. His main interest is motorcycles. People go to the open day for all sorts of reasons. Remember the motorcycle dealer that turned up year before last? Just came to get a schmitt and a BMW700 valued then sold themt on the internet. As I say, hope I'm wrong.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 02:40:51 PM »
Well if he turned up to get the Gordon valued it may be on buy it now 99p on sunday  ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 06:02:00 PM »
So what value would you put on this cars then Richard?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 06:53:22 PM »
how long is a piece of string ? there is a certain cache to certain makes and not to others - for no apparent reason . perhaps because theres the reputation for being awkward to get in and out of but......
The Gordon - only 1 door - ridiculous , useless,  why ? much easier to get in and out of than Messerschmitt, Treinkel, Bond A-F, etc. etc. so why should that be a problem
The other marques have a " following" if you have one you can attend club weekends and rallies . RUM's by their nature don't have this . in all honesty i cannot see why it should be worth less than £ 2.500 finished , this one is a bit sad but all there , shouldn't imagine anyone wanting to pay more than a few hundred but would actually be pleased to have got it home for under a thousand .
your thoughts anyone ??

micro marshall

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2013, 09:01:07 PM »
i don't think its worth more than one thousand in that condition. :-\
where is it? ???
peel p50   28 chickens  Land Rover series 3   Ginetta G26  Heinkel 175
check out
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWWcFabkWKKjKynSLLeW7qw
for the RUMcars you tube channel