Author Topic: Triad three wheeler for sale.  (Read 10887 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Triad three wheeler for sale.
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 01:16:50 PM »
Its probably too late for that to be very useful now as the inside has been reinforced to hold it all together. I believe Rob also resin coated the whole insides of his ex car. I'm guessing Progress used the same people to make there tourette shells as they used to make there F/G scooter moldings. I wonder if the scooter historians may know something?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 01:52:42 PM »
Interestingly an article in the last Bond Info mag . It had been thought that all the fibreglass work had been carried out in house - there are many photo's . It has just been found that the Rochdale Sports Cars company in fact made some if not all of the first fibreglass wings and bonnets . Surprising in that the Bond factory records were thought to be pretty comprehensive !
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2013, 10:14:17 PM »
That's a good point, wind ups aside, I wonder if Mr Merkelt the grandson remembers who actually made the Tourette shells? I will ask and report back.

I got a reply from Paul Merkelt and he assures me that Carr Bros made the Tourette shells themselves in situ. I personally find that surprising!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2013, 10:21:48 PM »
I've said it before bob but unless those actually involved are in sound mind any second hand accounts may not be of much use really . If we ask we can hardly complain about the reply though
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2013, 11:09:25 PM »
Who are you saying isnt sound in mind? I was only surprised because when Chris visited the premises he said there wasn't a great deal of room. But then again how much room do you need for such a small operation?