Author Topic: 50cc twostroke for Bicycle  (Read 3495 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: 50cc twostroke for Bicycle
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 09:58:59 AM »
Great fun for off road but what the sellers of all these kind of kits don't want you to know is how very difficult it is to get such a bicycle road legal in the uk. Not impossible but a whole lot cheaper to just buy a moped. Its the kind of kit I would have loved as a kid for over the brick fields! Are you going to get one Barry?

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 04:11:57 PM »
I have my Power Pak so don't need the modern equivalent.  I will have the same problem though - fitting it on a bike and getting it registered.
I think I should use an authentic 1950s bike.

I wonder how robust and powerful that modern twostroke is.
It would be good fun to have one to play with.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 04:13:40 PM by Barry »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 05:49:19 PM »
oi bob ! OFF TOPIC !  ;) - i expect no better of barry  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 06:55:44 PM »
Ah but is it?  Its not under unusual microcar discussion, its under sales and auctions. Not so clear cut.

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 07:26:03 PM »
On the microcar side, this type of two-stroke engine could be adapted for Sans-permis vehicles (cooling and power permitting).
Everyone being in agreement that Sans permis are microcars?  ;D

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 07:40:52 PM »
ah bob ! , and i really don't mind , but this is EXACTLY the same place that you told me i was off topic with a 1950's Villiers engined rare three wheeler last week  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 08:18:35 PM »
;) :D ;D  Too bad you didn't think to use my argument last week! ;D  Its all to do with the fact that I don't like garden machinery and you don't like bolt on bike engines. Who cares, just enjoy the banter. precious little else is going on with the forum tonight.

ps, Barry and I are planning another top secret three wheeled car project together using a bike with one of these motors on it as its basis. So its all ok and legit!! ;) ;)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 08:24:20 PM »
there was no argument bob as , although you are a moderator  :) , i know i was correct and you were wrong - and still are  ;D . correct the forum is very dull at the moment .

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 11:08:35 PM »
I concede.  You must be the only member that studies the posts so thoroughly. Its all those lonely nights in hotel rooms whilst away on business I guess.