Author Topic: Stupid question!  (Read 1990 times)

milnes

• Quite Chatty
Stupid question!
« on: April 01, 2014, 09:14:40 PM »
I promised Jean that i would start to register some of my cars with Rum, the Mini El pictured in previous post is registered which is the only one so far.
I have a car that is registered with the previous owner but how do i update to show it belongs to me?
I need to stop buying!

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Re: Stupid question!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 11:28:29 PM »
As any car is entered on to our data base, we are alerted to the fact the a chassis, engine or registration number as been recorded previously, and we are directed to the previous RUM NO. which is unique to that car.  Thus if you know the car you have just acquired is already on the Register, tell Alastair the RUM NO, if you know it, and he will just record the new owner's, and any additional history or pictures you can provide to bring an existing record up to date, for which no further fee is charged.  Even if you are unaware that a car has been Registered by a previous owner, as so often happens, we will be able to tell you from the information you provide when it was first Registered.  Of course the chassis number is the all important number because engines can be changed and so for that matter can a registration number, so from the chassis number alone we can locate the car. Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars