Author Topic: Last of my new deliveries for now!  (Read 12779 times)

milnes

• Quite Chatty
Last of my new deliveries for now!
« on: April 07, 2014, 08:46:39 PM »
Pictures of my last new delivery for now.  8)

I need to stop buying!

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
Re: Last of my new deliveries for now!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 01:20:44 AM »
Always liked them in yellow.
My engineering corrected orange one would probably need a battery,  clean fuel , and carb clean out, and a new master cylinder by now.

The vacuum powered fuel pump diaphrams also seem to stiffen after just a couple of years.  If you have inadequate fuel supply,  you can order one from a Toro dealer.  Or replace with a small electric pump.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 08:30:37 AM »
Ah, the best car is behind it.

Takes a little getting used to when your a Schmitter as you judgment is perverted into Fend shapes being the yardstick for this type of car. It would be interesting to have a good play with one though, to see how it stacks up. The one thing that FMR did get sorted pretty quick was the handling on the Schmitt. Might not suit everyone and it is a compromise but it is simple and it works. So we know about that debate between the cars. What else though?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 06:59:53 PM »
I agree Steve they look really nice in Yellow.
Al, you spotted the AC at the rear, that was a previous delivery.
I need to stop buying!

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 10:59:06 AM »
I just began taking apart my AC Petite's second transmission due to its ratchety clutch actuation , and oil leaking past the mainshaft oil seal.  I will be looking to combine the best parts from the two transmissions.  I would be a lot more comfortable if I could get access to a Burman transmission manual, just in case a spring, ball or shim falls out in the process,  or needs to be readjusted as a result of their parts intermingling.

What other cars have you, that are influencing you to swear off of buying more?
Don't worry, if you are a true aficionado, soon you will learn to ignore that annoying little voice of reason in your head.

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 10:29:47 PM »
LOL Steve, I seem to have been on a buying frenzy recently, I need to stop or buy a bigger workshop!
What shall it be  8)
I need to stop buying!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 06:36:41 AM »
Once a man has a shed, he needs a stash. That way the shed remains empty enough to work in. A stash only needs to be secure and dry. I prefer a stacking stash as its more efficient use of volume. The concept of not buying stuff is hard to to grasp. The arbiter should be money and females, in that order. (Females are cost centres unless they earn their own money or produce nippers, a demanding cost centre in itself. Its called womans lib and they wanted it, cannot have it both ways). So while I am not buying for money reasons, I am looking to regenerate my stash after selling off unwanted projects. You know it makes sense!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 12:35:26 PM »
Let's just say I disagree completly al
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 06:28:04 PM »
What you do not want a stash shed and a work shed? The rest is outrageous tosh. Who could write such a thing. But I do need to sort my sheds into one.

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 10:22:17 AM »
I've got a 20 x 10 foot shed but all it's got in it is empty cardboard boxes and  loads of old tool and spanners. I must stop this hoarding.  :(
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 08:42:15 AM »
If its true that you become childish in great old age those cardboard boxes could become fascinating! Why do you not replace them with a cyclemotor or something light to play with?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 10:19:28 AM »
Eek don't tell Rob to get a "light " thingy he' seen what they can cost  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 09:25:16 AM »
Already tried them. 7 to 8 years ago I had 14 mopeds, 3 BSA motorcycles and the Flipper II in the shed. Got fed up with them! Can't find the flipping photo I took of the hoard. 
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 11:07:48 AM »
How about a Invacar Mk12 at a very good deal via Ian. Even allows for wonky legs.

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2014, 10:51:01 PM »
Yes an Invacar Mk12 would look good in my collection Al, who is selling one?
I need to stop buying!