Author Topic: Elswick Envoy sale  (Read 2771 times)

milnes

• Quite Chatty
Elswick Envoy sale
« on: June 22, 2014, 07:00:15 PM »
I thought someone had posted the link to the Elswick Envoy on E-bay but for the life of me can't find it, no matter.
Car went for just under £600, probably about the right money for it, i would have bid if it hadn't been right at the bottom of the country.
So what's everyones thoughts on the Elswick Envoy (trying not to stir a hornets nest).
I need to stop buying!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Elswick Envoy sale
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 06:29:22 AM »
An interesting one as its not totally an IC, nor a Microcar based vehicle. Its more like a converted car that comes in after the IC but is a specific design, not a conversion. So it does not look like a Metro hot dog van, for instance. So once folk get passed the stigma of illness and being disabled, what a bargain. A well known designer, low volume, special car for peanuts. If it were a normal drive Mini derivative they would be well sought after. If I did not have so many cars I would be tempted myself. Minor uprating and for £1,500 you have a really handy cheap classic to run around in.

Why has Stuart not got something like this in which to put his Peel and drive to the Isle of Man, or where ever?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 09:36:52 AM »
As far as I know Chris Thomas's one is still for sale.

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 10:11:30 AM »
I was very tempted.

Would always try to help you out if a car is local (ish) to Suffolk Scott. 

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 10:27:08 PM »
Hi Bob, yes Chris still has his Elswick for sale.
Cheers Barry, it did cross my mid to ask if anyone was in the area that could pick the car up and store for me but it was late on Sunday before i thought of it. Never mind hope something nearer to me comes up through time, i think the £500-£600 i s the going rate for them, so will keep my eyes peeled.
I need to stop buying!