Author Topic: Julien MM5 310cc  (Read 8940 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Julien MM5 310cc
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2014, 06:55:49 AM »
Hmmm I always expected that Chris Rees latest book was a rehash on the old ones - it does appear so . A two line entry in the world list of micro's then - easily missed
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2014, 09:26:10 AM »

I didnt buy the new book when it came out as I suspected the same but my sister-in-law bought it for me as a present and I was surprised. It is a good book packed with much more that the original one. Dont write it off until you have had a good look, you may find yourself buying a copy.
Yes, my apologies, I thought the Julien was featured in the Micromania book but as Richard says, its just listed in the back. For me it pops up all the time because of my interest in French microcars and of course its on the same page as Inter's in Klienwagon.
Still no excuse Richard for not knowing it though as you are one of our representatives responsible for registering rare microcars. Tisk tisk headmaster! Mike Shepherd would know a Julien at 100 paces! Where is Mike, he is very quite these days?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2014, 07:43:06 PM »
sticking with the Julien my Georgano lists

Julien (F) 1925-1926 G. Julien, Blois, Loire-et-Cher
The Julien was a minute single seater using a single-cylinder 2CV engine of under 200cc, and a two-speed gearbox

Juluien (F) 1946-49 Ste des Etudes Automobile M.A. Julien, Paris 16e
The post-war Julien was also a minicar, appearing at the same time as the Rovin, of which it was a rival. It used a 325cc single cylinder engine which drove the rear wheels by a single chain. An open two-seater was the only body style . In 1949 a new model with wider body was announced, but it did not go into production
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 08:09:42 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977