Author Topic: Liverpool Echo 1980's nostalgia article  (Read 2959 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Liverpool Echo 1980's nostalgia article
« on: December 05, 2014, 07:50:19 PM »
I kept  this article for many years and like it's style . It's not perfect but has a charm for me , I submitted it to Stan Cornock of Bond Owners Club for inclusion in the magazine - he ignored it TWICE  ;) When Dave Miller became editor of the Bond Mag I resubmitted it and he declined on the basis that it gives a rather negative image to Bonds , perhaps that was also Stans problem ? I still like it and Chris retyped and included it in RUM not so long ago . Nice article yes/no discuss
Anyhow it must surely be better than nothing on the Forum ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
Re: Liverpool Echo 1980's nostalgia article
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 08:08:50 PM »
... When Dave Miller became editor of the Bond Mag I resubmitted it and he declined on the basis that it gives a rather negative image to Bonds ...

Not quite so simple, really, Richard - I'm not, I hope, averse to mocking Bonds (see p7 of your December Info), but I found that the article wanders around other-than-Bond subjects and needed more to justify its inclusion in a Bond mag.

The article reminds us of threewheelers, but for me it doesn't have huge charm.  I'm left uninformed: did the racing green owner not marry, then?  Or did he steadfastly hold on to both his fiance AND his Bond?  And at the end, the fourwheelers showed bad manners and the three wheeler bad maintenance. Not something that charms me!  :^)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 08:10:36 PM by DaveMiller »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 08:16:50 PM »
But surely he answers this , or so i thought , he was not to marry the "celebrated  beauty" until he rid himself .... i always thought that he would have married her five years later when he did part with the Bond ?  surely he is praising his beautiful wife ? It must be me  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 09:30:37 AM »
Did he buy a camper van instead of the Bond? OK, I am going.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 04:09:27 PM »
O' to be young again  , given the choice I think I'd have gone for a new Bond  - both ways you gets your hands dirty   !!!