Author Topic: Lloyd LP400 owners manual  (Read 8348 times)

jjej27

• Just Starting
Lloyd LP400 owners manual
« on: December 29, 2014, 09:21:19 PM »
Hello, I was wondering if anybody knows were I could find an owners manual for a Lloyd LP 400, with a main interest on the engine and transmission? I am specifically looking for a pdf or digital version. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Josh

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Lloyd LP400 owners manual
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 11:34:17 PM »
Hi josh there are I think only 2 members of the forum who may help you on this one . One goes under the name of - oops cannot recall . He owns an LP400 Lloyd . I have hard copy a workshop manual for such , I don't think a handbook was printed in English, the full workshop manual copy I could copy for you as I have German or an English translation - where are you ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 11:54:55 PM »
As far as I know no Lloyd 400 cars were exported to English speaking countries so no workshop manuals were printed in English hence the computer translated copy
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 12:19:20 AM »
Hopefully Richard will have sorted you out, but here's a link to the German Lloyd Friends website in case you've not come across it.

http://www.lloyd-freunde-ig.de/index.html

And a couple of other useful looking websites.

http://www.lloydselig.com/index.shtml

http://www.lloyd-freunde.de/
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 12:29:51 AM by Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker) »
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 09:21:17 AM »
thanks very much for the prompt Malcolm , last time i tried a few years ago i had a great deal of difficulty finding any English speaker . I did get the translated workshop manual unofficially from a helpful committee member , i also met up up at Mannheim and collected ordered parts but could not communicate with the man who brought them to me  :) i have this morning emailed , in pidjin German , the English page of the 2nd listed site of yours - thanks again .

Josh an example page of the computer translated manual is attached

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 09:40:53 AM »
The Australians imported a lot of Lloyds and assembled knock down kits, bit like with Buckle and Goggomobil. Did they not have the 400?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 09:49:21 AM »
No Al only the 600 , a very different 4 stroke motor and Arabella and other 4 strokes . The 250/300 2 stroke  was the first Lloyd known i think as the elastoplast bomber  , or similar , due to its odd body composition perhaps akin to the Trabant . Anyhow a larger 400 motor and steel body followed . Then bigger production in all ways with 4 strokes and world markets , the 300/400 were i think home trade only 

here's the fearsome LP400 in action  :) me thinks my Bruetsch Pfeil may look better than it will sound  ;) at the moment it is very quiet indeed  ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaayX7erv5M
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:32:02 PM by richard »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 10:06:49 AM »
Ah, probably could not compete with the amazing Goggo......

Pity, as there would have been English info. Has Ian Cave got anything?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 10:07:33 AM »
Ian Cave ?

on second thoughts the other UK based Lloyd LP400 owner may have been the one who provided me the English translation , yes I think it may have been . Josh if you search members at the top of the page and look for WILKSIE you could send him a personal message , he is not often here and a pm would appear in his emails , please keep me in the loop as Lloyd 400's are creeping in  ;) and we ought to keep in touch 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:40:51 AM by richard »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 12:02:26 PM »
Ian is the Lloyd fancier within the Borgward Drivers Club, which also covers Hansa, Goliath and Lloyd vehicles in Britain. One of the clubs that I suspect never gets told about microcar rallies etc these days, but caters for microcars. Only been around for yonks and some fine folk involved in the past. Ho hum.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2014, 12:41:50 PM »
I never knew there was such an outfit or person so will try and contact him . As far as I know there are but a handful of 400's in the country . That beautiful bright red Lloyd 600 turns up at most Nationals but receives little encouragement i fear

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2014, 03:51:19 PM »
A nice quick reply from the webmaster Mike in most excellent English and saying they can help with engine spares mainly . Last time I tried it was all snail mail  :)

jjej27

• Just Starting
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2014, 05:23:09 PM »
Thanks for all the advice and replies! Richard, I know a tiny bit of German, but I do have family that speaks German fluently so they can help in that regard. I will contact Wilksie as you suggested. The only issue for me is that I live in Ontario, Canada, so that may complicate things. I only have the drive train, and not the whole car, so that is why I am focused on the engine and transmission manuals and don't necessarily need the entire owners manual. If it is possible to get a copy of the english translation, or the german version of the manual (only for the engine and transmission so it doesn't take up more of your time then needed), I would greatly appreciate it. I would most definitely like to stay in contact because Lloyd's are one of my favourite microcars and I would like to own the whole car at some part, but for now, because of financial reasons and extreme rarity in Canada, I have to settle for the drive train and learning from there. 

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2014, 05:51:40 PM »
Personal message me with your personal email . Willkie is also bi-lingual ( it's not illegal here anymore  :) ) I too only have the drive train as its used in my Bruetsch Pfeil - Google it

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2014, 06:18:16 PM »
That beautiful bright red Lloyd 600 turns up at most Nationals but receives little encouragement i fear
Fear not Richard, Udo Jurgens who owns the Lloyd Alexander TS has been a regular attender for the last 11 years partly due to the warm welcome he receives.  His wife originates from Nottingham so they co-ordinate their visit so he can attend the NMCR whilst she is seeing family.