Author Topic: Bruetsch Bussard  (Read 4030 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Bruetsch Bussard
« on: March 01, 2015, 06:18:20 PM »
rare in the wild , thought to be extinct ,and unknown of in captivity another Sachs 191cc engined Micro
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 06:31:50 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Bruetsch Bussard
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 10:30:16 PM »
 Knowing the early days of the micro world, if this survived at all, it probably got the chop in 1971 from a Messerschmitt owner who wanted the engine for his KR200.

Hands up who cares to acknowledge the fact that more than a few Nobel's were sacrificed on the Messerschmitt alter back in the day, and not just in the '70s & early '80s either. Indeed, one Nobel copped it thus as recently as 1993....
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 10:35:40 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 08:51:34 AM »
Yes, its true. That and a number of Prior, Kieft, and Hercules, even Progress scooters. The Schmitters were veracious engine nappers, and still would be if the economics were right. I myself had the remains of a Prior not 4 years ago and supplied the dead bike on to a scooter collector building a bike out of rubbishy stuff. I kept the engine parts as I wanted a set of casings for my second KR201. The taped holes under the engine, I argue, were used for an extra middle mounting to stop the long optional extra Roadster exhaust from working loose. My original KR201 has this on it, along with the tripod rear tubular mount. If it is not original, then it should have been, as Basil said it worked. He serviced the Vicar of Bampton's KR201, which had the same thing, and he reckoned this was the fastest Schmitt he ever drove.

Some Nobs reappeared with alternative engines. I had at least two that had Heinkel engines put in. Not daft as later those Fulda licences that chose, did exactly that. I am not sure it is not a better car in that form. However it was not done with 175cc or modified scooter units as were these. Hienkel 175cc units are still cheap today. One roadworthy car I had even had a front spoiler to handle the, alleged, extra speed. That car did Faringdon to Kemble Airfield every day, 54 miles, for a few weeks, not without its problems though. Seem to recall swapping it for the Goggo Shopper I owned 4 times. That also did the F to K commute for some 4 months without a hitch.

I also had a Nob with a Villiers 250? in. I say that as it had a decompressor. This used to overheat as I think it was a Bond engine made for the big grin of Preston, rather than the confined rear cheek of a Fulda. I also had one with a 250 Villiers twin out of a scooter. That had potential, but was fitted rather badly. I believe that car was eventually restored, with another stuffed one as donor, into a prize winning example by someone from Essex/Suffolk way. I do not doubt the engine survived and might be in a suitable home too. So its not all bad news (Richard).

What about a Bruetsch Bussard with a Blizzard engine? Thats just silly. Is this Bussard what became the Spatz (Sparrow I believe)? Mighty are the fallen, in name.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 09:44:42 AM by Big Al »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 09:02:43 AM »
The Bruetsch Spatz was I think his earliest fibreglass ( glass fibre I always think pretentious but which is the more correct ? ) The Victoria Spatz was also derived from but much changed . Yes in this colour you see the parentage quite clearly - this is my Pfeil without the extra wheel  :) This car was listed as Sachs powered in Germany and to be Villiers in this country but as NONE were ever sold it is academic  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 09:36:11 AM »
I heard stories of this Nobel nobbling from Mick Morton and Maurice Rogers of our Hornchurch parish. I think Maurice's brother was one guilty party but all before my time. I did buy a Nobel once from a guy in Skegness and was thinking, if I cant do anything with it there is always the option of whipping the engine but it turned out to be the oldest surviving Nobby out there, a very low chassis number. This car kept its integrity and is now one of Johnathan Polls baby's.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 09:57:09 AM »
Or even Glass Reinforced Plastic, GRP, ooo, eck!

Lucky it was not Foam Sandwich or it would be a Victoria Sponge, with the up market blue rinse tinted Victoria Sponge WI version.

Skegness? Did it come with a 'Crash me Quick' hat?

How is Mick. He was suffering the same sort of condition as Jim Hacking I understand. Not good.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 10:32:55 AM »
Skegg, I can still smell the cabbage fields, good job I wasnt moped riding!

I shared a cuppa char with Mick a couple of months back and he was not too bad, holding up well considering.
He was actually half way through restoring a Schmitt! Now heavily into electric bicycles..

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 10:43:18 AM »
The Bruetsch Spatz was I think his earliest fibreglass ( glass fibre I always think pretentious but which is the more correct ?)

Mmmm.  So, in modern stuff, do you say "fibrecarbon"??

swanktank

• Chatty
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 03:15:40 PM »
Hello Bob,
Yes you're right. I have whipped the engines and other things out of two Nobels in my time. But that was then and this is now.  I was accosted by someone when I was parked near Little Braxted and asked if I would like to buy an engine from a Nobel. I did so for a couple of pounds. It was VERY low mileage.
The second engine was from a orange Nobel in a front garden in Abbs Cross Lane and it must have been early '70s. That one was free but very knackered.
My brother was never involved with anything Sachs powered but went through several of the other micros of the time, including a Frisky which he got for nothing through Exchange & Mart. He towed me home from somewhere behind his Reliant. He disposed of it some time afterwards without touching it.
When I lived in North Street a chap across the road from me had a Nobel but I have no idea what happened to that.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 03:24:59 PM »
Why not Dave ? My cars that or not of the plastic type are mainly made of Oxide , I have it in Ferrous and Aluminium take your pick  :D
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 03:56:33 PM by richard »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 03:52:06 PM »
Hi Maurice. Good to here from you.  Seems like I got my stories muddled, I remember about the one in North street but thought that had something to do with your brother. Its coming back to me now, wasnt it your brother who had the ABC  three wheeled mini?
RE, the engine whipping, as you say times have changed and Nobels are sort after now for what they are.

swanktank

• Chatty
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2015, 04:12:59 PM »
Yes Bob, he had the ABC Tricar; also in his time an Isetta, Bond (C or D), Berkely T60, Powerdrive (with 650cc motorbike engine), the (free) Frisky, and a couple of Reliants. I suppose it was because he never got round to buying a KR200 that I decided to get one in 1968. . . and never looked back.
M

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2015, 04:18:00 PM »
Ah, dread the schmitter that never looks back....at the trail of death and destruction his passage causes ;D

I wanted an ABC Tripecar so bad. Never did find one to buy. You cannot have them all.