Author Topic: ASTRA  (Read 9618 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: ASTRA
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2007, 07:07:42 PM »
I have asked Andy and according to his website , and I quote " A few had the 99cc Triumph Tina T10 auto unit and larger 8'' rear wheel " . End of quote. Can anyone prove otherwise? I have also heard that another of this type has recently surfaced in Canada. I am particularly keen to get to the truth, could it be that these ones were factory built prototypes for the foriegn market and are 'right' so to speak ?

witney44

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 07:22:19 PM »
How strange that most of these different posts seem to end up about Peels.  HOW BORING!!!!! ::)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007, 01:43:46 PM »
I have asked Andy and according to his website , and I quote " A few had the 99cc Triumph Tina T10 auto unit and larger 8'' rear wheel " . End of quote. Can anyone prove otherwise? I have also heard that another of this type has recently surfaced in Canada. I am particularly keen to get to the truth, could it be that these ones were factory built prototypes for the foriegn market and are 'right' so to speak ?
If you are really keen to find confirmation why not contact Barry Edwards who wrote the Peel Engineering story in the Manx Transport Museum's quarterly journal 'News Round'on  bgedws@waitrose.com He may have some answers.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2007, 02:11:16 PM »
Thanks Jean, I will do that, thats very helpful and considerably more helpful than the posting before your one!  Best wishes, Bob

witney44

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 03:36:31 PM »
Dan,
 I see what you mean about the motorcycle dealer cum reg plate dealer. He has a Peel number of sorts on ebay. Number 300132982797  But it seems cheap if somebody wants it on their Peel. ;D Rob.

Did anyone see if the ASTRA was sold?  ???
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 03:44:49 PM by witney44 »