Author Topic: a week messing about  (Read 4826 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
a week messing about
« on: July 09, 2015, 08:30:14 PM »
lots of stuff dismantled and readied for blasting this week , good fun and noise . Also after years seeing them on ebay , and thinking them a bit naff, I decided to mount one of these enamel Villiers signs on the garage . I did also get an A2 poster of Malcolms Gordon catalogue advert he posted here . One day I will display it WHEN displaying the car - it says it all  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Re: a week messing about
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 12:27:50 AM »
50-in. wide at elbows. You can imagine how the populace swooned at such rich endowment. Keep up the good work, we all know you'll get there eventually.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 08:37:23 AM »
 ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 02:02:18 PM »
Taken a load of bits to the blasters including a few wheels £50 for blasting , worth it I reckon  :) does anyone have a spare Bond G wheel please ?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 03:55:37 PM by richard »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 03:59:30 PM »
Well there's no stopping me is there

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 04:16:44 PM »
Unfortunately the windscreen frame is even more rotten than I had thought - where next ? Perhaps this is why it was stripped and sold off in bits ; )

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 07:07:43 PM »
Make patterns from card, apply to sheet steel, shape with hammers and forms, weld in new metal  finish with angle grinder.
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 10:15:56 PM »
Yes I am that someone could do that , but not me

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 10:19:01 PM »
Hoping that I can find someone to cut two pieces out of this other scrap white frame to replace the rotten ends on my red frame

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 08:18:37 AM »
Looks like only one corner is ok ? Have you got the screen ? I think I would end up making a new corner to the frame on the car , then you can form the metal to the bottom bend that sits on the car , place the screen in and take measurements and get the top done

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2015, 04:56:16 PM »
I have the screen , the top tube has a strip set into a slot all the was along , it is this strip that fits within the window rubber . neither top corners are useable - but some of the middle is. there is quite a curve to the tope rail . thank you and ALL suggestions welcomed , thanks

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 07:00:41 PM »
My way of doing it will probably be really long winded and there will be a better way of doing I'm sure someone will come up with on here , I would get some 1mm thick angle steel , hold it so the thin edge would take the rubber to hold the sceen , make some marks where the curves need to be and cut some slits in it to bend to form curve of screen weld in tacks straight away or it will distort  , repeat that the whole way around and You will have a ugly surround that will hold the screen and its rubber , that's the hardest bit the rest after you've sat it on the car , its fixings and cutting the lip off to weld a steel tube on it , I would use the old one as reference of measurements to make it look the same