Author Topic: CZ 505 pickup  (Read 3456 times)

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: CZ 505 pickup
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 09:02:14 am »
certainly different should find a new owner . lively little engines arent they
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 05:41:29 pm »
Certainly the CZ motorbike I had in 1980s just ran & ran and their motocross bikes were usually pretty good.
Malcolm

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 08:35:14 pm »
I had an old CZ in the 80s, gave it to a workmate who left it outside his lock-up overnight. He went back next day to put in the garage and found that some 'mates' of his has piled quick setting cement over the wheels locking it to the ground. It never rode the same again.  ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 10:30:50 pm »
 I think I saw this on eBay a few months ago.  A fairly poorly worded advert of Eastern European flavour.  Seemed like there were a few vehicles coming in from the same people. Looked like they had been given a quick lick of paint and were being sold as good quality vehicles.  I may be wrong but the buyer may be trying to off-load this one.  Low geared for comercial use could mean 20km/h!!!
If you buy a Cezetta in Poland, there are people out there that will restore them with great pride and at little cost.

Attached photos of one such vehicle which the buyer simply drove back to England.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 10:08:19 am by Isetta_Owner »

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 12:19:45 am »
  I may be wrong but the buyer may be trying to off-load this one. 

If he was asking Messerschmidt prices I think you'd have a point, but this ad says that it's UK registered, MOT'd and taxed and the seller's got good feedback and is inviting people to go and have a look if they're interested. No idea how much Cezetta's go for in Poland but 50cc Apes generally go for more than the price he's asking regardless of quality so perhaps someone should start getting a few restored and bought over. As with any vehicle sale, if you can't afford to buy a dud I'd always recommend going and seeing the thing before parting with your money.
Malcolm