Author Topic: krupps and mercedes badges re messerschmitt  (Read 2633 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
krupps and mercedes badges re messerschmitt
« on: September 20, 2012, 03:17:12 pm »
 having always heard that messerschmitt had to change their nose badge due to similarities with both krupps and mercedes i was interested to see this ad for period 60's badges that illustrate the point quite well and you would have to say they both had a point

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COLLECTION-JOB-LOT-Vtg-car-pin-badge-1960s-FORD-TRABANT-AUSTIN-DAF-BMW-CHEVY-/150900103973?pt=UK_Car_Parts_Vehicles_Automobila_ET&hash=item232258db25

indeed a schmitt owner could easily end with a nice unusual badge if they were to remove the krupp lettering from the badge
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 04:07:25 pm by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: krupps and mercedes badges re messerschmitt
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 09:49:05 am »
And DKW/Audi with four linked rings.

The Regansburg dead parrot, sorry eagle, was a really good badge giving extra info about the manufacturer. Does it look like a spinning propeller? What does a spinning prop tell you about a car and its maker? Eagle wins I think but then we are talking marketing and that has nothing to do with real information. For instance Fiat's badge for the 70's would have been a rust hole.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: krupps and mercedes badges re messerschmitt
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 08:09:11 am »
I have a superb electric Krupps coffee grinder. It looks like the Emperor Darlek save it is white and red not gold. It lives with an original Kenwood Chef food mixer with all tools and Bakerlite bits, better than that in the British Museum, as mine still works. Also from the same period a set of Avery double sided scales from a shop. All from Grandparents, all still working and repairable and all built to last forever. Progress, Pah!
Now I look like moving to a place which will have a lawn I can keep my Atco Lawn Mower and first generation Howard Bolens Garden Tractor - both free before being scrapped as unwanted. Both also made to last for ever. The 'quality' replacement John Deere ride on mower has now failed again and quite a bit of plastic is missing or lost its threads for fastening. It has gone through a gearbox, starter, several belts, a blade and generally fails to pass the grass into the collection box on the rear without periodic poking with a stick. Modern crap.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs