Author Topic: Another Bamby  (Read 19704 times)

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
Re: Another Bamby
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 04:37:06 PM »
Hi
    I agree with P50 it boils down to supply and demand/and wha people want, but I would put something else into the equation it's called the AC (Andy Carter) factor, if your average guy cant find what he wants he will get a replica, so people wacthing Top Gear, will go to him to buy a replicar P50 or Trident because as P50 says the supply is ZERO, I've just looked though Andy Carters list of cars and as well as the Peel's he has a replica of the Goggo Dart, Scootacar, the Mopetta, and the Bamby.

So applying my third criterea you can buy a replica of the Bamby if you connot find reall one.

Is Bob suggesting that J C of Top Gear is buying Bamby's

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 04:44:38 PM »
Auction is ended earlier. The Bamby is gone! Who purchased it?? Any idea?  ;) ;)

Who indeed.....  ;)

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 05:12:09 PM »
Hi
 I agree with P50 it boils down to supply and demand/and wha people want, but I would put something else into the equation it's called the AC (Andy Carter) factor, if your average guy cant find what he wants he will get a replica, so people wacthing Top Gear, will go to him to buy a replicar P50 or Trident because as P50 says the supply is ZERO, I've just looked though Andy Carters list of cars and as well as the Peel's he has a replica of the Goggo Dart, Scootacar, the Mopetta, and the Bamby.

So applying my third criterea you can buy a replica of the Bamby if you connot find reall one.

Is Bob suggesting that J C of Top Gear is buying Bamby's

Hmm?  There's punters who want a 'Trident' shaped conveyance and there's collectors who want a pukka Peel 'cos thats what they want!   You pays your money and takes your choice (in Peels cases to who?!)...   Art is always worth more than the sum of its ingredients.  Mona Lisa on Portobello road stall. Tenner.  Mona Lisa in Paris, billions. 

The trick is to identify what's what.  All this hype about 80's CS50 engined micros means they're being just that. Hyped! The 80's are not a golden era.  Few choice bits and pieces like Mk1 Golf GTI etc but most is dross. 

A replica by default must be cheaper that a real one!  Seeing as a Bamby's worth 1500 quid and a Carter jobbie should he build one from scratch be 10 grand.  I may have to eat my words but when's a Bamby going to make 10k?  It will be worth 10k one day.  And a bag of chips might be £30!!

Scootacars now have zero supply. And they're the dogs danglies.  Second only to a Trident in bonkers styling.  Anyone noticed bundles of KR's on Evilbay recently?  Prices are now a bit softer of late.  And rightly so. Supply/demand.  Whislt they're fetching good money owners are letting KR's go.  I can see Mk1 Scoots soaring past boggo KR's. They have the magic ingredient.  Nought availability. 50/60's era build. Terrific styling. 

Discuss!!
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 06:28:15 PM »
"Is Bob suggesting that J C of Top Gear is buying Bamby's"             No, I'm not suggesting that at all. My theory [not evolutionary as no one seems to be read on the subject especially retired postman!] is that the buyer of the first £1,500.00 one also bought the second, this buyer if it is who I think it is has been panic buying and stashing away microcars like there is no tomorrow for some time now. Andy revealed to me at the weekend that the BBC asked to buy his P50, he declined and has made them a replica instead which is currently touring the USA with them. I asked him to do a job for me and was told I would have to wait a year on account of a full peel rep order book as a result of the TV prog. If you dont like peel replicas that news will make you bristle all the more!

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2008, 06:42:38 PM »
 Interesting thory Bob P., but I can assure you the buyer of the first Bamby WASN'T the buyer of the second! He has more sense than that, and certainly isn't "panic-buying" anything.

On the further subject of veiled insult huling, can we pack it in please. I come on this forum to get away from such things in everyday life. If the micro world ends up decending to the same level, I'll go elsewhere tommorow.........

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2008, 07:36:07 PM »
Well said Stuart - Now Bob you have got me in suspence what are you building - we know it's got a villiers engine (you were asking about a 250cc covension) and you had to see Andy Carter about building a Body? what is it?????? ??? ??? ???
                                                                                                                                                                      Mike

Inaheinkel

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2008, 07:47:41 PM »
Hi

Of course I love bambys, but they are only worth half as much as a Cursor.

What do you mean I became biased as of 3 days ago ;D , I don't know what you mean?

John

;D
Heinkel Kabine, Cursor

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2008, 09:48:21 PM »
Now Bob you have got me in suspence what are you building - we know it's got a villiers engine (you were asking about a 250cc covension) and you had to see Andy Carter about building a Body? what is it?????? ??? ??? ???

It has to be a Bond MkG, what else could it be ?. Bob must be attempting to build the first replica Bond using one of Andy Carter's (AC) new body shells but using an original Villiers engine. The first couple of MkG replicas AC has built have the Honda 250 power plant.
Looking forward to his latest replica, the Nobel 400 which will be launched later in the year by a rather famous TV personality ;) and put through its paces during a track event.

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2008, 11:07:04 PM »

Looking forward to his latest replica, the Nobel 400 which will be launched later in the year by a rather famous TV personality  ;) and put through its paces during a track event

And it'll probibly be accompanied by a bout of uncontrolable foul language.........   ;)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2008, 11:23:08 PM »
I think you had better take another look and see who insulted who! Firstly someone is rude enough to call my post a load of twaddle and now you two being too scared to reprimand the perpetrator turn on the victim and have a go at me! Thats rich!  Thanks guys. I give up!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 07:26:50 AM by bobbybubble »

Dan Rodd

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2008, 02:59:30 PM »
you sure love to edit your posts after theyve been read dont you?! ;D

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2008, 03:04:34 PM »
On the further subject of veiled insult huling, can we pack it in please. I come on this forum to get away from such things in everyday life. If the micro world ends up decending to the same level, I'll go elsewhere tommorow.........

The above comment being aimed at EVERYONE on this forum......

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2008, 04:09:48 PM »
Thank you Stuart, thats sounds a little fairer.   DAN. I dont know if you are refering to me but no posts have been edited on this thread, mine or anybody elses for that matter.

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2008, 04:25:01 PM »

And it'll probibly be accompanied by a bout of uncontrolable foul language.........   ;)

And this being a possible ponderance on what might be being developed in an Essex shed......   ???  :-*

Dan Rodd

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2008, 05:06:08 PM »
whats this mean then? ???

I think you had better take another look and see who insulted who! Firstly someone is rude enough to call my post a load of twaddle and now you two being too scared to reprimand the perpetrator turn on the victim and have a go at me! Thats rich!   Thanks guys. I give up!