Author Topic: Another Bamby  (Read 19701 times)

blob

• Prolific Poster
Another Bamby
« on: April 21, 2008, 10:48:36 PM »
I'm assuming this is the barn find previously mentioned on the forum, now for sale one eBay, Stuart are you watching this one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BAMBY-MICROCAR_W0QQitemZ320242884329QQihZ011QQcategoryZ18308QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Inaheinkel

• Quite Chatty
Re: Another Bamby
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 10:53:55 PM »
Hi

yes this is the one.

Funny how they want all the help and info. you can give when they don't know what they have, but forget to let you know when they decide to sell it.

John
Heinkel Kabine, Cursor

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 12:19:15 AM »
Auction is ended earlier. The Bamby is gone! Who purchased it?? Any idea?  ;) ;)

LaforzaLand

• Occasional
Bamby sold?
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 02:44:01 AM »
I was thinking about bidding on that fun little car... any ideas on why the auction ended?

Inaheinkel

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 07:34:52 AM »
Hi,

I suspect he did a deal with a potential customer, off of Ebay.

Saves on final value fees.

I had offered to buy the car when it was first found, and the seller said he would let me know when he had the V5c in his possesion, but he obviously had a slight lapse of memory.
::)

If the winner is out there welcome and remember to join the Rumcars Magzine and forum

john
Heinkel Kabine, Cursor

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 08:49:52 AM »
I have a good idea who may have bought it. I think someone is buying them all up with the idea that they will become the next  P50 and they could be right, they have a few things in common, both cute to look at, both mechanicaly appauling, both a commercial failure, both scream "take me home and look after me!"

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 09:43:03 AM »
Hi Bob
          Its comments like that, will push the price up - the rareity factor of these 50cc cars and the peaple that bought them in the first place that only about 50 wrer produced, Peel P50, Trident, Cursor, and Bamby, I regret the day I sold my Cursor.
                                                                                                                                                                    Mike

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 10:02:46 AM »
I hope so, I have a couple of them at the back of the workshop. Keep ha hair on Mike, since when has anyone taken any notice of what I say anyway!!!
Do you fancy a jaunt to Burgundy in august?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 10:07:03 AM by bobbybubble »

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 10:21:30 AM »
Hi Bob
          We could go in a couple of Bamby's

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 11:08:37 AM »
We could have if it wasnt for the fact that I lied about having a pair of em in the workshop! [plus they are not old enough to get past security!]
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 02:31:45 PM by bobbybubble »

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 01:14:55 PM »
Hi Bob
     Its comments like that, will push the price up - the rareity factor of these 50cc cars and the peaple that bought them in the first place that only about 50 wrer produced, Peel P50, Trident, Cursor, and Bamby, I regret the day I sold my Cursor.
                                                                                  Mike

Ahh prices. For some strange reason 'hype' exists for certain micros. Ramping up perceived undervalued oddities. Oldest trick in the book.  Some machines are rightly revered. Rarity gentlemen is not enough. Is a Bond 875 worth 20 grand?  I am of the opinion you cannot alter Darwenian natural selection and desireablity. Everything finds its own level and the market won't be fooled. The Trident is unique. Uber desireable due to its styling,era and zero availability. It has dare I say it dragged the aesthetically grim P50 up with it.

Should the Trident never have been constructed then I fear the P50 would not be valued quite so highly (whatever that value might be as zero supply of late gives no indication as to what one's worth).

I suspect Bamby's/Cursors will perform in line with inflation.  They lack the magic of the 50's and 60's.

Discuss!

"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Dan Rodd

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 01:57:20 PM »
All things are relative.whos to say that once the bamby is 40 yrs old it wont be worth £20k?

Peels havent always been so highly priced,in the 80s they could be bought for under £1500.

The Bamby is of a similar age as to Peels in the 80s,and of a similar price now.Will it be sought after?only in my opinon if its thought of as being the follow up to the Peel,and held in the same high regard.

They are of course,not going to go down in value,its up to the public to decide how much they go up.

clearly rarity is not the main reason behind Peels and bambys interest amongst collectors,otherwise we would all be searching out Tippen Deltas and Bond 875s(both of which,i would love to own)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 02:12:35 PM »
My dear boy, Darwinian natural selection fell out of favor with the ardentest of evolutionists two decades ago! The emporers new cloths are marketed in a whole range of new styles now. . do try and keep up. Interesting theory about P50 values being propelled forward in the wake of trident prices, I still think P50's would have been sought after even if the trident had never been conceived. Just the claim of they being the worlds smallest production car alone gives reason for museums to desire an example. Just had another thought, I wonder if a P50 left for a long time unloved, in danger of exstinction in an unfavorable market place would spontaniously generate a dome and a passenger seat?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 02:38:42 PM by bobbybubble »

Jawmedead

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 02:54:58 PM »
Don't you write a load of old twaddle?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 03:34:03 PM »
Sorry Rob. If you knew the history of evolutionary theories and related book titles you would understand the language, obviously not your subject. Personaly I think its ALL a load of twaddle!l
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 03:37:05 PM by bobbybubble »