Author Topic: GORDON  (Read 2581 times)

Jawmedead

GORDON
« on: October 07, 2008, 03:24:06 PM »
Hi Gordon Lovers,
 Thanks for your kind remarks in another thread concerning the Resurection of Gordon. It would be great to show it at next years Open Day and I am hoping to do so even if it is not finished. There are still many parts missing.
I think I may have got a "volunteer" to do the welding. Have you tried to get someone to do something for nothing?  It should take two days making parts fit and welding up around the wheel arch/body panels. At some point I will need "volunteers" to clean up the alloy panels and lift off the body-tub to paint the chassis with its last coat.
I am finding it increasingly hard trying to crawl around inside the Gordon now as my osteoarthritis seems to becoming worse as the years roll on.
Once the new year comes around I shall ask via the Forum if there would be any kind soul out there who would like to help.
Rob.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 03:49:35 PM by Jawmedead »

blob

• Prolific Poster
Re: GORDON
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 10:26:27 PM »
Hi Rob, I'd be up for helping out in the new year as a general dogs body, time permitting and weather I can get over to yours.  ::)

Inaheinkel

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 08:03:07 AM »
Hi Rob

Distance you are away is the biggest problem, but if you need any bodyshop supplies to help with the Gordon, just let me know and I will send them off to you FOC.

Good luck.

John
Heinkel Kabine, Cursor

Jawmedead

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 12:33:36 PM »
Hi Mike and John, Many thanks for your response. Will be in touch when I need some help. Rob. ;D

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 02:59:00 PM »
Time and distance a problem for me, but give a shout and I'll see if I can help. I have a MIG welder, but it is a little fierce and uncotrollable for thin sheet metal
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face