Author Topic: Help! Mystery NSU  (Read 2278 times)

Gez@Dep-O

• Just Starting
Help! Mystery NSU
« on: October 10, 2008, 06:32:30 PM »
Helllo everybody,
I hope someone on the RUMCars forum may hold the key to the identity of my NSU Prinz 4L. A bit of background - I bought the car in the summer to rescue it from the crusher. It had been in a local scrapyard for a few weeks on sale as a project. When no-one showed any interest, the owner decided to bale and weigh in the car, so we stepped in and gave the car a new home.
The problem is that the car has lost its numberplates, and any hint of its registration is long gone. And this where I hope you may be able to help.
The car was in a yard in Gloucester, so I'm guessing that its last owner lived somewhere fairly close by. There are few distinguishing marks on the car but there is a 'Prisoner' TV series No6 sticker in the rear screen, and a Microcar Club sticker in the windscreen behind the rear view mirror.
I haven't had much of a chance to work on the NSU as yet but I have got the engine running and discovered there is no drive - I'm hoping it's a clutch fault or something similar. The brakes are also shot - there are random brake seals scattered inside the car. Finally the rear shock absorbers have been removed. This all may be totally irrelevant, but then again, it may ring a bell with someone.
There are pictures of the car on our website at www.dep-o.co.uk in the workshop section. If anybody can help to track the identity of the car, I'd be very grateful.
All the best,
Gez
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 10:44:39 PM by Gez@Dep-O »

marknsu65

• Just Starting
Re: Help! Mystery NSU
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 08:29:38 PM »
one possible thing to try is contact the NSU owners club    www.nsuoc.co.uk      completely describe the car to them,  they might have an idea of who the car belonged to  .

maybe the previous owner liked its reg number so much they wanted to keep hold of it,  or try the other  micro clubs they might have records.

i used to have a white 69 H reg p4  owned it from 1996 till 2002, wish id never parted with it.

mc

Gez@Dep-O

• Just Starting
Re: Help! Mystery NSU
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 09:39:46 AM »
Thanks Mark,
I've already been in touch with the NSUOC and they're going through their records as well. You've got to try every possible avenue with this sort of thing. I suppose I was hoping someone might have a pic of the car at a rally or similar event. I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway,
Gez