Author Topic: Crosley Farm O Road  (Read 14278 times)

Jawmedead

Re: Crosley Farm O Road
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 01:45:35 PM »
I don't think it is that small. The wheels must be 15" or 16" diameter.  :-\

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 02:36:06 PM »
I believe that the Crosley FoR had 5.30 x 12 tyres.  It has a 63 inch wheelbase, and so is well proportioned.  All this together with a 725cc air-cooled engine. It looks as if this is water-cooled though.  Maybe my info is wrong on the engine???  Neat little runaround.   ;D
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 02:56:07 PM by cuscus47 »
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 03:17:45 PM »
I don't think it is that small. The wheels must be 15" or 16" diameter.

Look at the one in Bruce's collection, the photos on eBay make it appear larger than it actually is: http://www.microcarmuseum.com/tour/crosley-farmoroad.html

Jawmedead

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 05:16:40 PM »
OOO ERR. My mistake, I'll go and crawl back in my hole.  :-[

Inaheinkel

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 09:29:20 AM »
Hi

I like the army green one better as it looks more like you would expect it to.

John
Heinkel Kabine, Cursor

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 12:54:40 PM »
Bruce's is a little over restored but I kind of like that Tonka toy look.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 05:24:59 PM »
I think they are great little vehicles, its amazing that something so small and cute can come out of a Country that as a rule is only know for building huge ice melter's. Mr Blob, please define "OVER RESTORED" Lets discuss our perceived definitions.

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 08:17:58 PM »
Here we go again, 'over restored' as in: looks like it rolled out of the factory yesterday, instead of X many years ago.

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 09:39:49 PM »
OK, so what is different about the above mentioned vehicle as opposed to one that "rolled out of the factory back in the day"?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 10:12:33 PM »
My point exactly Jim. So Blob, your definition really just means "Restored" , reinstated, returned to how it was meant to be. I'm just checking so as to make sure I understand you. In my view "over" restored means going beyond that and doing things to it that were not meant to be like chrome plating all the nuts and bolts , powder coating everything etc. Come on Blob, we have to have something to argue about on the overnight boat to Retro mobile!

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 01:16:00 AM »
what is different about the above mentioned vehicle as opposed to one that "rolled out of the factory back in the day"?

...nothing, that's my point, the vehicle should retain some age, because it's old. Look at that 'Victoria' other than the paint which may have been re-sprayed, everything else has aged and is good enough to keep.

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 04:05:39 AM »
Have fun on the boat to Retromobile Bob!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 09:11:07 AM »
We will, he owes me at least a dozen coffee's. You can see what I'm up against though Jim, no wonder so many cars got scrapped, "its just a bit of rust, part of the cars history, nice patina blar blar" next thing you know there is a gaping great hole in the floor! ;) The condition of that Statz is not to be described as "good enough to keep" its just called "neglect"!
Blob, I'm picking up your new parts this afternoon, do you want me to bury them in the garden for a few days?  :D Tee Hee, sorry Mike, I cant help myself!! That reminds me of a fellow antiques dealer I know who had a missing steel handle made for a surgeons knife, part of a boxed set and because it looked too new he buried it in his garden for six months, when he dug it up it looked exactly the same, it turned out that his restorer had made it in stainless steel!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 09:19:00 AM by Bob Purton »

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 08:10:12 PM »
Well, my Family 3 was already buried in the ground and has matured quite nicely thanks.  ;D