Author Topic: Minicar de Carlos x2  (Read 5422 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Minicar de Carlos x2
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 01:08:59 PM »
Fabulous! I wonder what make of engine they use?

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 09:58:29 PM »
There's a couple of shots of the engine and engine bay on these youtube movies, unfortunately they're quite low res which makes id-ing the engine a little difficult.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLLiY2vtRps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpfqYkb4ZkM

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 07:34:46 PM »
This information has been sent to me by our Argentinian member. hope it is of some help- there is some english translation at the bottom.    Jean

http://nuevapompeya.olx.com.ar/vendo-motor-de-carlo-200-10hp-0km-
http://www.segundamano.com.ar/mendoza/autos-y-motos/de-coleccion/182028aviso-minicar-decarlo-200.aspx

La empresa argentina Metalmecánica S.A.C.I emplazada en la localidad de José C. Paz en la provincia de Buenos Aires, contrae un vínculo con la empresa alemana BMW para comenzar a producir en Argentina los modelos mas pequeños de la marca. De esta manera se comienza con la fabricación en 1959 del De Carlo 600 (1400 unidades aprox.) el hermano mayor del Isetta.

Al año siguiente sale a la venta un nuevo producto, el De Carlo 700, impulsado por un motor 700 cm3 muy económico y dejando ya la forma de “ratón” que tenían el Isetta y el De Carlo 600. Con capacidad para 4 personas el De Carlo 700, era lo que en otras partes se conocía como el BMW Glamour. Se fabricaron los modelos 700 Glamour y 700 SL (entre los dos modelos se estiman alrededor de las 9000 unidades producidas)

Luego la empresa comenzó a decaer como la mayoría de las pequeñas fábricas automotrices argentinas, y termina su producción a fines de 1965.

En cuanto al microcoupé De Carlo 200, no existen datos certeros sobre su origen. El microcoche estaba impulsado por un motor 200 cm3 de origen italiano. Este simpático auto estaba diseñado para dos personas. Poseía cuatro marchas adelante y una marcha atrás. No se conoce la existencia de manuales de usuario o folletería alguna, sólo se sabe que se fabricaron cerca de las 800 unidades en nuestro país. No se conoce tampoco si en otro país se fabricó.

were built 800  DE CARLO  ENGINE METALMECANICA 200 CM3 ORIGEN ITALY 
4 FRONT CHANGE AND 1 REAR GEARBOX
TOTAL FIBERGLASS
THE COMBINATION THE MAFIA OWNER MR DE CARLO WITH JUAN PERON
   ARRIVED  THE BMW 600 ECHANGE THE NAME DE CARLO 600 AFTER BMW 700 ECHANGE THE NAME DE CARLO 700
WHY ECHANGE THE NAME BMW X DE CARLO  BECOUSE  WAS COMING TO THE ARGENTINE ONE DISARMED IN ORDER TO NOT PAY TAXES
AFTER THAT THE  BMW CARS WERE ASSEMBLED AND THE NAME WAS CHANGED TO DE CARLO

I
=
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 09:21:45 AM »
Thanks for this info Jean, it sounds like the company history is one of intrigue what with mention of the owner being mafia.  I wonder how the warranty read, "Don't bring it back unless you want to wake up with a horses head in your bed!"
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 01:17:42 PM by Bob Purton »

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 09:09:29 PM »
Just spotted this Minicar De-Carlo variant, not sure what the model is or weather it’s still titled as a Minicar, the listing mentions 'Bugetta Minicar' but it still has 'De-Carlo' impressed to the rear and obviously uses the standard body when compared to the blue car of the original post.

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-53990925-bugueta-minicar-restaurada-_JM

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 02:00:47 PM »
 You know, I can never hear of these things without thinking of Yvonne Decarlo from The Munsters.....

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 03:01:16 PM »
I make you right there Stuart, Aunt Lillie, beautiful! She was in a fun B&W film with Alec Guinness (the Captain's Table?) where you get to see her as she looked non-Gothed up. He's a married ship's Captain with a very dull but stable home life in Gibraltar. He crosses over to North Africa for makin' whoopee with Y de C (and who can blame him), then sails the return trip for a bit of rest!
Anyway, very pretty cars, as is mine which just fired up first time after engine work (BIG HUGE THANKS to mike Shepherd!) HOORAY< back on the road!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 04:00:47 PM »
Dear Marcus

The Captains Table stared John Gregson, not Alec Guinness and at the premier in Leicester square all the stars turned up on the red carpet in Messerschmitts supplied by the Messerschmitt owners club. Why, I have no idea!!!

Chris Thomas

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 04:14:53 PM »
Dear Marcus

Looking up the cast of the film I could not see the name you mention: -

The Cast
THE CAPTAIN'S TABLE; screen play by John Whiting, Bryan Forbes and Nicholas Phipps, from a novel by Richard Gordon; directed by Jack Lee; produced by Joseph Janni; released by Twentieth Century-Fox. At the Sixty-eighth Street Playhouse, near Third Avenue. Running time: 90 minutes.
Captain Ebbs . . . . . John Gregson
Mrs. Judd . . . . . Peggy Cummins
Shawe-Wilson . . . . . Donald Sinden
Mrs. Porteous . . . . . Nadia Gray
Major Broster . . . . . Maurice Danham
Prittlewell . . . . . Richard Wattis
Burtweed . . . . . Reginald Beckwith
Maude Pritchett . . . . . Joan Sims
Canon Swingler . . . . . Miles Malleson
Earnshaw . . . . . James Hayter

Chris Thomas

Jawmedead

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 04:39:32 PM »
She was in a fun B&W film with Alec Guinness

Marcus, The film you mean is The Captain's Paradise.

The Captain's Paradise is a 1953 British film comedy starring Alec Guinness and directed by Anthony Kimmins. It is set in Gibraltar and northern Morocco, and on a ship that travels between them.

Captain Henry St. James (Alec Guinness), a prosperous seafaring man, is a bigamist, maintaining households at either end of the route his ship takes every few days. On Gibraltar, he lives with quiet, very domestic Maud (Celia Johnson); he comes home to find his pipe and slippers ready for him, and his adoring wife in the kitchen preparing his dinner. He sits cosily in his armchair, reads the papers and relaxes. In Morocco on the other hand, his wife Nita (Yvonne de Carlo) is a hot-blooded, exotic lady, who shuns housework and prefers to be taken out to noisy, crowded restaurants, where they lead a loud and wild lifestyle.

Over time, the two wives begin to change: Maud expresses a desire to go out and paint the town red, while Nita wants to stay home and cook for her man. Henry wants things to stay just the way they have been, and his attempts to maintain the status quo result in both wives leaving him for their lovers. Unfortunately, in the heat of an argument, Nita shoots and kills her lover. To spare Nita, Captain St. James claims he was the one who killed her lover. The firing squad scene is classic Alec Guinness.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 05:08:18 PM »
Wow, what a response! Chris are there any pix of the stars and the Krs?
But well done rob for getting the film I was thinking of, haven't seen it in ages, but a good classic!
Tunnocks all round!

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 05:18:34 PM »
Dear Marcus

Yes there are some photo's, but I am saving them for an article in Rumcar News. Tony Marshall willing!

Chris Thomas

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 05:38:00 PM »
Great, look forward eagerly (Tony willing!)