Author Topic: Mk1 Scootacar  (Read 11716 times)

blob

• Prolific Poster
Mk1 Scootacar
« on: December 09, 2010, 05:30:42 PM »
Wonder what this will do? Or will it get pulled before the auction end like the last one that appeared! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MARK-1-SCOOTACAR-1960-/300502691306?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item45f75b2dea#ht_500wt_947

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Mk1 Scootacar
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 06:57:33 PM »
Absolutely floorless, na ha!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 10:06:42 PM »
I like the way he's made his box of bits look like a little car!  ;D  very Eshelman.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 08:32:59 PM »
Why does he have photos of photos? He layed a photo on the table, and took another pic. Why didint he just get it out the shed and take pics?
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 09:45:02 AM »
Why does he have photos of photos? He layed a photo on the table, and took another pic. Why didint he just get it out the shed and take pics?

Because it does not look like that anymore probobly or are you expected to be buying the photos?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 03:09:52 PM »
Because it does not look like that anymore

... they were probably shot the day he got it and is most likely buried under piles of crap!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 04:39:46 PM »
Because it does not look like that anymore

... they were probably shot the day he got it and is most likely buried under piles of crap!

As Stuart will agree I never bury things under piles of crap. Piles of everything else yes!

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 04:43:18 PM »
 Depends if Gooch & Tinks have been around....   ;)

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 07:53:07 AM »
Hmm..

Well Bob, I remember when I said a Scootacar Mk1 was more desirable than KR.    Which you dismissed as nonsense.

They're much much rarer.  It's up £4900 with a day or so to go.

You can buy a KR any day of the week.  Not so a Scoot.. Plus it's a balls out full resto (not a bad one mind..) that needs the lot doing.

When will the next one appear? That Sir is the crux.

Mind you a discovered Peel in this nick would go ballistic.   

« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 08:00:48 AM by P50 »
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 09:21:50 AM »
I didnt say they were less desirable or rarer, just worth less money at the moment. I'm very happy for you Perry although this one is still not up to schmitt money, of course it could be the sellers mate down the pub and his next door neighbour running it up for him! Bidders identity protected. Its really sad how the main focus of so much on the forum these days is values. I also suspect that Mike Plant secretly works for ebay as he flags up everything worth looking at reducing any chance of getting a bargain to zero.

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 09:35:26 AM »
Mike Plant secretly works for ebay as he flags up everything worth looking at reducing any chance of getting a bargain to zero

Yeah! but it makes for good banter though don't it!  ;D

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 09:46:40 AM »
Hello Bob,   Well it's about time I joined this motly crew and gave my two euro cents worth of useless comments, like the rest of you. I have to agree with you Bob on this one. Values seem to be the only thing that owners are interested in these days. I try to keep what I have and it's very rare I part with anything. But if I do sell something it's because it's crap to drive, i.e. Bond mk B & Zeta Sport. I want the going rate, like anyone.  I hope the Scootacar goes to someone in France, as I seem top spend most of my time these days sorting out dodgy microcars that French owners have bought from UK dealers !         Nick.            
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 10:14:26 AM »
I didnt say they were less desirable or rarer, just worth less money at the moment. I'm very happy for you Perry although this one is still not up to schmitt money, of course it could be the sellers mate down the pub and his next door neighbour running it up for him! Bidders identity protected. Its really sad how the main focus of so much on the forum these days is values. I also suspect that Mike Plant secretly works for ebay as he flags up everything worth looking at reducing any chance of getting a bargain to zero.

Unfortunately values are a big issue.  I would like a TG but that's not going to happen.  Can't afford it.

I would also like a 246GT and that's not happening either.   It amuses me that people say it was so much better when they were cheaper. Of course it was!  especially if you wanted one!     

I've always believed the Mk1 to be underrated and I happen to think they're fantastic to boot.  In '02 I didn't go looking for an Isetta ot Trojan. I have no interest in one and they come up for inflated prices weekly.   No so a Scoot.   Scoots were only sold in the UK so if you want one it's here where you find 'em.

I wanted a Mk1.  On rarity,shape etc (which is not the whole issue) I believe the Scoot should be much more expensive than a KR.  I happen to own a KR but the Scoot is nigh on impossible to get.  

I wan't it achieve a sensible (high) price because in a sane market it should do.     None of my machines will (hopefully) ever be for sale so values are largely academic.  

As for values Bob you deal in antiques. Which I suppose our cars are.  

In that trade by chance is the main focus values?  One assumes if you had no interest in their value you wouldn't be making too much out of it...  
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 10:23:23 AM by P50 »
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 10:20:20 AM »
Hi Nick. It been a long time! Welcome. You are right of course, we all spend hours talking nonsense. I hear you have promised to contribute some technical articles for RCN, its just what it needs. I try to start tech threads on the forum but they all end where they started, if its not about values, Peels, or toys they dont want to know!

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2010, 10:27:53 AM »
Values don't interest me, just odd little vehicles. I missed out on Scoots on 4 occasions so got into Frisky’s instead. Friends always ask what these cars worth, but other than not wanting to over spend on a restoration it’s irrelevant.