Author Topic: Bond Minicar Question  (Read 4317 times)

daveraab

• Just Starting
Bond Minicar Question
« on: November 07, 2011, 05:44:44 AM »
I have a 1965 Bond Minicar, G model.  It has the single cylinder non reversing engine.  I am trying to put the wires back the way they should be.  The regulator and coil were mounted high up on the center support shaft and they should be mounted on the engine.  I have seen some pictures on the internet, but just can't zoom in enough or the angle is wrong.

So what I am trying to figure out is how those are supposed to mount on the engine.  In one place there are 2 holes and one stud. The regulator lines up nicely with the holes on the dynastart, or one hole and the stud, but there is a third hole or stud.  I don't know if a plate should go under the regulator.  Next is what the mounting looks like for the coil.  If anyone can take a good picture or send me the answer, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
David Raab

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Re: Bond Minicar Question
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 10:24:23 AM »
I would suggest for the best advice you contact the Bond Owners www.bondownersclub.co.uk   Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 11:14:01 AM »
Think there is a thick steel bracket both mount on that sits on top of the area on top of the engine. No Bond expert but I have sold these bracket in the passed and it was for later Bonds.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

daveraab

• Just Starting
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 03:45:52 PM »
Thanks Al and Jean.  I will send something to the owners club and see what they have to say.  Al, do you still have any of those brackets?  Here is a picture of what I am talking about.  The regulator bolts down perfectly, but what is the extra hole or stud for?  Using the 2 holes puts the regulator at an angle and closer to the cylinder.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 04:01:31 PM by JimJanecek »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 04:43:40 PM »
No I have not any of those brackets left but I doubt them being hard to get. I assume the bracket would fit over the mounting holes and stud and space the units out to a sensible arrangement. Then again the bracket might have been for the twin, I do not know. The single engine was used in various applications and I assume these mounts were a standard of the specification of the dynostart unit to be used as each design as required. Best to talk to someone who knows what he is talking about. Then again if you had a strange bracket that lying about that might have been what it was for and problem solved. As a bit of metal it is not obvious what it is for.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 09:37:39 PM »
Are these two pics of a G engine bay at this years NMCR any help?
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

daveraab

• Just Starting
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 03:14:47 PM »
Yep!  Those pictures did help, thank you.  Anybody have a correct air filter they want to sell?  Thanks again for everyone's help