Author Topic: Multicar  (Read 4382 times)

wilksie

• Quite Chatty
Multicar
« on: January 03, 2012, 03:03:23 AM »
The pilot enters this one from the front, operates it standing up, and steers it with his feet. Genius.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Oldtimer-Multicar-M21-selten-Steher-Ameise-/230721749644?pt=Automobile&hash=item35b816828c#ht_500wt_951
Lloyd LP400
"If you are mad, this is your car."

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Re: Multicar
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 07:32:16 AM »
The pilot enters this one from the front, operates it standing up, and steers it with his feet. Genius.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Oldtimer-Multicar-M21-selten-Steher-Ameise-/230721749644?pt=Automobile&hash=item35b816828c#ht_500wt_951

Now, thats what I call a death trap! Why stand up? Why steer with your feet?

I'm only saying that entering from the front is normal, since I love Isettas!
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 12:18:39 PM »
Ah been looking at the German delights again. I failed to want to pay enough for the '57 early body green Goggo saloon with 400cc engine from Ulm. Confirms they have moved out of an amount I am prepared to pay for another example. There used to be weird industrial trucks driven standing on the front in Britain too. George Formby film had one in, from memory.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Oceanix

• Chatty
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 04:30:17 PM »
These Multicars are not a death trap. Unless going downhill,
fully loaded and badly maintained brakes  ::)

The max speed is 15-18 km/h but they could load twice there own
weight, up to 1.850kgs. Initially designed for on-site transport at
train facilities or industrial production replacing electric carts, they
were kept alive until the end of the GDR 1989 and were used in
private farming, wood and coal transport as well as by private
construction companies.

With a little luck, you can still find one for 50€ in a barn. The 6.5hp
diesel engine is still cheap to find and the rest is designed for
carrying 1.85 tons of material - built to last...

Multicar is one of the very few innovative companies that survived
from former GDR and is still today very successful.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 06:30:53 PM »
These Multicars are not a death trap. Unless going downhill,
fully loaded and badly maintained brakes  ::)

The max speed is 15-18 km/h but they could load twice there own
weight, up to 1.850kgs. Initially designed for on-site transport at
train facilities or industrial production replacing electric carts, they
were kept alive until the end of the GDR 1989 and were used in
private farming, wood and coal transport as well as by private
construction companies.

With a little luck, you can still find one for 50€ in a barn. The 6.5hp
diesel engine is still cheap to find and the rest is designed for
carrying 1.85 tons of material - built to last...

Multicar is one of the very few innovative companies that survived
from former GDR and is still today very successful.

Thats what I call slow! My moped goes faster than that, and it still needs repairing ;)

That reminds me... My dad managed to go 76mph in a KR201 Roadster, of course downhill, but had normal sachs 200 engine!
Mopeds:

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 10:21:28 AM »

That reminds me... My dad managed to go 76mph in a KR201 Roadster, of course downhill, but had normal sachs 200 engine!

Its OK in a roadster as the brown trousers are open to the atmosphere. I can recal him overtaking me, overtaking a car in the middle lane, using my borrowed engine returning from Europe down the M2. I was doing an indicated 72 mph. We both agreed it was a shame no police were about as we might have got a ticket. I doubt so for me now we know how inaccurate the speedos are but it is as fast as I would want to go in a KR200. Nick might have breached the magic 70 mph that time though as he was considerably faster. Annoying as my spare engine must have been better than the one in the my car. Those were the days.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 06:39:01 PM »
Jonathan is refering to an evening run I made to the Ringwood club night. Ian Hopkins and I were going flat out down the A31 from the Winchester side. It's a long straight down hill for a couple of miles. Peter Robertson was following uqs in his Vauxhall Cavalier and when we pulled up outside the pub he said we were both doing an indicated 76mph. It was a bit frightening and I wouldn't normally attempt it, but I couldn't let Mr Hopkins beat me. It was the fastest I have been in a KR. Normally I'm happy buzzing along at 50-55. Today was spent restoring three Bosch dynastarts and building another spare motor. I enjoy building Sachs engines, plus it turns loose parts into running motors.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 07:06:17 PM »
Jonathan is refering to an evening run I made to the Ringwood club night. Ian Hopkins and I were going flat out down the A31 from the Winchester side. It's a long straight down hill for a couple of miles. Peter Robertson was following uqs in his Vauxhall Cavalier and when we pulled up outside the pub he said we were both doing an indicated 76mph. It was a bit frightening and I wouldn't normally attempt it, but I couldn't let Mr Hopkins beat me. It was the fastest I have been in a KR. Normally I'm happy buzzing along at 50-55. Today was spent restoring three Bosch dynastarts and building another spare motor. I enjoy building Sachs engines, plus it turns loose parts into running motors.

And I was doing the same, at a smaller scale, picking one of each couling I needed to continue my Nobel engine (well, my dads, my engine is in his car!), clean them up fully, take my nob out of the barn, bring it in the garage, sort out a few more parts.

Dad, problem is that you still have a load more schmitt engines to build, and a few cars to finish to put the already buil;t engines in ;)
Mopeds: