Author Topic: Lightburn electric mule  (Read 5460 times)

blob

• Prolific Poster
Lightburn electric mule
« on: February 07, 2007, 12:03:36 AM »
Another oddity from Australia, item: 330085333235

blob

• Prolific Poster
Re: Lightburn electric mule
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 05:58:29 PM »
Having been intrigued by the item above I found this link: www.austinev.org/evalbum/675 was it really manufactured by the same Lightburn co. that made the Zeta?

zetasports

• Chatty
  • Lightburn Zeta Prototype owner
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 02:20:39 AM »
Hello from Cairns Australia
Yes the electric mule was made in the same factory.

My Father had some at the Holden car factory when he was Engineer before he died.

I own the prototype Lightburn zeta sports car from that time and would like to suggest that the mule went quite well and was charged from the powerpoint.

Fred Diwell has another mule in his collection so I am happy to see another one has survived.

I wonder if there is much interest in my car collection as here in Australia we don't have much interest in our unusual cars?

Thanks Robin Heath

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 07:54:47 AM »
You've come to the right place, there's plenty of interest in oddities on this site, but regarding the Mule I appreciate the info as I did wonder about it, this one survived but sporting new paint with custom flames down the sides, hmmm!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 09:40:01 AM »
Sure I have seen one of these or something very similar recently. I wonder if it was a licenced production or unique. Utility and industrial tugs would be a huge and interesting area to collect.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs