Author Topic: isetta on ebay  (Read 7295 times)

micro marshall

• Quite Chatty
isetta on ebay
« on: July 30, 2012, 10:27:55 PM »
ISETTA . BUBBLE CAR L.H.D.

check it out only £6.000.00
peel p50   28 chickens  Land Rover series 3   Ginetta G26  Heinkel 175
check out
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWWcFabkWKKjKynSLLeW7qw
for the RUMcars you tube channel

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: isetta on ebay
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 09:30:18 AM »
Hi Jamie

It does help if you add the link to the particular ebay page for that vehicle with your item.

Chris Thomas

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 12:13:28 PM »
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

micro marshall

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 05:28:35 PM »
rusty chrome thats the one i was talking about ::)
check out

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 06:03:29 PM »
rusty chrome thats the one i was talking about ::)

You could always try offering him £6000!  :)
Malcolm

micro marshall

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 06:39:03 PM »
i don`t really want it i was just pointing it out. ;D
check out

wilksie

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 06:51:39 PM »
Unfortunately another owner who is prepared to separate the car from its soul and its history, the registration number.
Keep them together and you pay £9000!
Lloyd LP400
"If you are mad, this is your car."

Basket case

• Chatty
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 07:28:43 PM »
Unless I'm wrong, as of November it will not be possible to sell a registration plate of a Pre 1960 car - this coincides with the mot non requirement.

This is the downside for the dealers I guess. Serves them right in my opinion but it may impact the value of some cars.

(I know the Isetta is 1960 so the number should be transferravble)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 07:30:44 PM »
That is a nice one Bob, good condition and bubble window too.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 08:03:19 PM »
Unless I'm wrong, as of November it will not be possible to sell a registration plate of a Pre 1960 car - this coincides with the mot non requirement.

This is the downside for the dealers I guess. Serves them right in my opinion but it may impact the value of some cars.

Nobody seems to know for sure, the whole thing is a bit of mess and at least one magazine predicts the changes could make it easier to transfer pre-60 registration numbers.

http://www.classicsmonthly.com/2012/05/28/pre-1960-mot-exemption-nine-reasons-to-say-no/
Malcolm

skootashaun

• Chatty
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 09:52:15 PM »

Nobody seems to know for sure, the whole thing is a bit of mess and at least one magazine predicts the changes could make it easier to transfer pre-60 registration numbers.

http://www.classicsmonthly.com/2012/05/28/pre-1960-mot-exemption-nine-reasons-to-say-no/

They use this in their write up:

2. Registration numbers. Previously non-transferable without an MOT or SORN following a year of MOT, this loophole needs closing to prevent the cashing in of valuable number plates.

Where as the rules on transferring plates on the DVLA website state:

There are 6 basic rules:-

The vehicle must exist.
The vehicle must be registered at DVLA. (DVLNI run similar schemes in N. Ireland apart from the retention scheme, but this article is about DVLA)
The vehicle must be available for inspection by the DVLA. An inspection assists in verifying entitlement to the number plate. Both donor and recipient (rarely) can be called for inspection.
The vehicle must be taxed at DVLA or in the process of being taxed. However, in 2005, an amendment allowed a donor vehicle where the license disc had been expired (not refunded) less than 12 months to take part in the scheme, providing, DVLA insist, that SORN is declared upon expiry.
The vehicle must be subject to MOT/HGV testing. For example, Non testable vehicles such as milk floats, tractors etc are outside the scheme. This has led to some vehicles, such as hearses, choosing to undergo MOT’s when actually exempt so they could register with a cherished number plate under the DVLA scheme.
Only the registered keeper can apply to the DVLA.

The vehicle MUST BE SUBJECT TO MOT TESTING, following on it says non testable vehicles are not included in the transfer scheme.

So, by being MOT exempt, they will not be able to have their plates removed, even if MOT'd at the owners request, as they fall outside of the regulations.

Thats the way I read it anyway.

Shaun.
yup yup rabbit yup yup yup rabbit rabbit bunny jabber yup rabbit bunny yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup bunny jabber rabbit

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 11:10:41 PM »

So, by being MOT exempt, they will not be able to have their plates removed, even if MOT'd at the owners request, as they fall outside of the regulations.

Shaun.

You're assuming that they aren't going to change those regulations as well. Like several other issues with this pathetic excuse for a consultation, the Government didn't even consider the number plate transfer industry as a factor until after they'd made their announcement. Now they have to decide who's going to make the least fuss. Pasty anyone?
Malcolm

skootashaun

• Chatty
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 10:25:08 PM »

Shaun.

You're assuming that they aren't going to change those regulations as well. Like several other issues with this pathetic excuse for a consultation, the Government didn't even consider the number plate transfer industry as a factor until after they'd made their announcement. Now they have to decide who's going to make the least fuss.
Pasty anyone?

I am always assuming  :-\

Pasty anyone?

;D ;D
yup yup rabbit yup yup yup rabbit rabbit bunny jabber yup rabbit bunny yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup bunny jabber rabbit