Author Topic: Mobility Scooter - 1960s  (Read 17773 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Mobility Scooter - 1960s
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 02:03:59 PM »
Thanks for that stuart , but now you've had your say may we now drop the subject permanently ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 02:24:03 PM »
Why can't we have the weird stuff on the forum. Surely it must give some of you a laugh? It seems to me that the microcar world has gone rather too serious  in the last twenty years due to the price hiking of vehicles and "you are not getting my spares for your car until you pay my prices etc." I could go on but I might start crying. What has happened to peoples sense of humour nowadays?I also notice that a few people have not been heard of on the forum for ages, is it due to the none interest of Off Topic stuff or the bickering on here? Now there's a thing, how can you have a off topic category when the said topic hasn't been talked about in any other topic? Oh help me, my head is spinning. Al., where are you?  ;D  
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 02:31:40 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 03:41:07 PM »
I wasnt aware we were bickering Rob? As for why some folk have disappeared from the forum, my guess is we dont talk about microcars enough and they are not interested in trains, boats, planes and electric wheelchairs. We are all friends here, we are just having our say, the days of tantrums and people leaving the forum in a huff are over. If I know Barry Lee as I think I do he started this post as a wind up in the first place! :D

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 05:22:57 PM »
but bob dont be absent minded don't forget the steam roller , MOPEDS !! and that darned anti whatever the greeks invented that you and marcus bring up at EVERY opportunity.  :D

outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2012, 06:07:07 PM »
Wind-up vehicles - that's a good idea.   Does the Greek Antikythera Mechanism fit in this category, it is wind-up isn't it?

skootashaun

• Chatty
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2012, 07:58:15 PM »
Stuart wrote:

Incidental, whilst we're talking mobility scooters, I remind everyone that my 1963 Wrigley Electric Chair is still the UK's oldest known outdoor "powered chair, mobility, for the use of" and hence is the Grandad of what would lead on to the 1970 Act mentioned above, and the Batricar a few years later.  I draw intrested parties attention to my attached article on the Prehistory of the Mobility Scooter, from an early Conveyancer magazine...

Whilst I admit I haven't read or fully understood what makes a mobility scooter a mobility scooter,
Would this Villiers powered one be classed as 'mobility scooter'. ??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CWS-VILLIERS-BLACK-/121036014099?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item1c2e4f0213&nma=true&si=AKD0pJk71Il0GsqK3eEjTguLY8Q%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I thought it looked quite fun myself  ;D

Oh and Barry, glad you are enjoying the power increase on your proper scooter  ;)
yup yup rabbit yup yup yup rabbit rabbit bunny jabber yup rabbit bunny yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup bunny jabber rabbit

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 08:00:33 PM »
OFGS !!!!

( oh for goodness sake !)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 09:20:23 PM by lightweight dickie »

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2012, 09:12:51 PM »
Stuart wrote:

Incidental, whilst we're talking mobility scooters, I remind everyone that my 1963 Wrigley Electric Chair is still the UK's oldest known outdoor "powered chair, mobility, for the use of" and hence is the Grandad of what would lead on to the 1970 Act mentioned above, and the Batricar a few years later.  I draw intrested parties attention to my attached article on the Prehistory of the Mobility Scooter, from an early Conveyancer magazine...

Whilst I admit I haven't read or fully understood what makes a mobility scooter a mobility scooter,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CWS-VILLIERS-BLACK-/121036014099?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item1c2e4f0213&nma=true&si=AKD0pJk71Il0GsqK3eEjTguLY8Q%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Oh and Barry, glad you are enjoying the power increase on your proper scooter  ;)

I like the CWS a lot and would love to have one like that.  If I had seen it, I would definitely have been tempted.
Scooter engine is just fine Shaun.  It's hard to describe how much better it is to have an engine that pulls right through the rev range even with my weight. So easy and relaxing to ride now.  Wish I could post a video as it sounds very sharp.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2012, 09:35:26 PM »
Barry, if you do work out how to post video links it would be usefull but if its about anything other than microcars it goes on OFF TOPIC. This thread ends here!

This tread has been continued in the off topic lounge. If you want to add to it thats where you need to go.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 12:15:58 AM by Bob Purton »

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 09:27:42 PM »
Stuart wrote:

[/color]

What happened to Stuarts quote then?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2012, 09:44:18 PM »
i guess bob as moderator has done what he said he would do - ended the topic rob . we are trying to tidy this up a bit aren't we ?

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2012, 10:08:03 PM »
So anything that "we" don't like gets taken off.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2012, 10:27:37 PM »
Thought we had agreed rob that none microcar was off topic - where's your problem ? Easy for us all to understand so its getting very boring rob

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2012, 10:41:03 PM »
Hi. Rob. The mobility scooter topic was continued in the off topic lounge by Scootashawn. I tried to paste Stuarts last post over to that and made a hash of it! Its now floating around cyberspace. I did email Stuart to apologise and he is welcome to put it up again in the new thread when ever he likes. All im trying to do here is organise it a bit better. If you want my job you are welcome to it! Ive had enough!

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2012, 07:48:52 AM »
Don't give up Bob.  You are doing a great job and I for one appreciate it.
The banter is not serious.

The mobility scooter started off in Sales and Auctions and should have been in Off-Topic Lounge.  You are right.

It is very easy to lose something when you are trying to move it to another topic.  Once lost, it's gone and then you are really stuck because it looks like it was done on purpose.

Lets get back to normal.