Author Topic: ONE FOR STUART. ARGSON.  (Read 3576 times)

witney44

ONE FOR STUART. ARGSON.
« on: June 10, 2007, 09:29:12 PM »
EBAY NUMBER 140127618360

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: ONE FOR STUART. ARGSON.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 05:02:43 PM »
 :o Oooh, that's nice! If only I had the room and if Mum would let me.........  A 1945 Argson Victory no less, and only the second one in confirmed existance. So now that's 209, repeat TWO HUNDRED AND NINE known conveyances.  Where will it all end? Just how many more are there out there???......

woodie

• Just Starting
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 08:33:58 PM »
Stuart - I'd like to thank you (I am the vendor of the Argson).

When I first saw it I was amazed at how well it seems to have survived and immediately tried to find out more about it. I was going to restore it myself but I have other things on and I don't want it to languish in the garage when someone else can enjoy doing it up!

I am so pleased to finally know exactly what year and model it is - I'll be sad to see it go but happy thanks to you that I found out what it is before it goes.  :)

woodie

• Just Starting
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 01:07:01 PM »

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 04:49:00 PM »
Hello Woodie, glad to be of help. I would be very interested to hear of any history your Argson may have, and I am rather wondering if the other chap who replyed on the listing who said he had a similer example with a beaded edge front wheel may actully be the owner of the other known Argson Victory, and whom I've never been able to precisley pin down. He has an (old) website floating around (which I can't find the name of right now) and I tryed to contact him about a month ago via the email address thereon, but it no longer registered.

Althogh I'm 99.9% certain your Argson is a Victory, rather than a Runnymede, is it possible to confim if it has a bolted-together chassis (Victory), or welded-together chassis (Runnymede), just to set my mind at rest? Your Argson dates from about the last month or so of 1945, and this is right on the cross-over period of time between the two models. Built one week earler it would be a Runnymede, and one week later it would be a Victory, if you get my meaning. Also, does it have a chassis number anywhere in sight? Usulally to be found on an oval plate rivited to the headstock.

Do please stay in touch

Best regards

Stuart