Author Topic: Amica?  (Read 3766 times)

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Amica?
« on: November 20, 2007, 02:28:48 AM »
Or at least I think thats what it is, anyone have a more precise identification

http://www.speurders.nl/motorenenscooters/45kmwagensenscootmobiels/35797036/mooi_brommobiel_te_koop.html?at_id=facet_55152792*list~facet_86604184*list&af_id=catlevel1~catlevel2&af_val=2019~4462&offset=20
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

blob

• Prolific Poster
Re: Amica?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 10:21:21 AM »
Looks a bit like a Sulky, could it be the Dutch version?

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 11:07:44 AM »
Dear Rusty and Blob

It is not an Amica however it was made by Casalini and sold by Willam (Lambretta). It looks like a Bretta IV FB with square headlights.

If it is a Bretta IV FB it will have a 50cc Minarelli engine and probably built mid 1980's.

The Sulky had a similar body but was a three wheeler and the Amica had a more rounded plastic body.

I hope that has been of assistance.

Chris Thomas

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 12:20:14 AM »
Thanks Chris

Did Casalini not sell Brettas directly then? I've never quite figured out where William fit into the overall scheme of things , the AMG/Brabus of microcars perhaps?

Regards

Rusty
Malcolm

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 09:24:08 AM »
Dear Rusty

I have not studied this subject yet, but as I understand it Casalini sold their cars in Italy under their own name, and in France they were sold through Willam. Willam was the Lambretta sales agent for France and sold vehicles made by BMA, Casalini, Decsa , Lawil, and others, all under the Willam name.

I am unsure about what name Casalini sold under in any other market, such as Holland or Belgium, as compared to France and Italy they were a smaller market. I am sure some of our Dutch friends will fill in the information gaps.

I do hope that helps you.

Chris Thomas

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 11:47:20 PM »
Thanks very much for that Chris,

Its the justification for the rebadging of the Italian microcars by William that I find curious, I mean I assume William sold the Lambrettas in France as Lambrettas, so why not sell the Casalinis as Casalinis? I guess this may have been something to do with trade agreements pre-EU free trade?

Glad to hear that some study has been done on these marques, Its harder to find information on the net on some of these 70s 80s and 90s cars than it is on one-off micros that appeared at the Paris shows in the 1940s.

Best Regards

Rusty

Malcolm