Author Topic: Your own Microcar collection!  (Read 4345 times)

witney44

Your own Microcar collection!
« on: December 11, 2007, 11:09:54 AM »
Found on ebay Item number: 130181829798  From Terry Parkin, your own collection of Micros.  A satisfied buyer.  ;D

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
Re: Your own Microcar collection!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 12:45:42 PM »
Just bought one.  What a superb idea.  I look forward
to getting down to business with the scissors and Copydex.

I'm not usually allowed sharp objects so I'll have to be on my best
behaviour.

Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
Re: Your own Microcar collection!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 06:56:30 PM »
My first attempt - the Bond Bug - ended up in the bin, screwed up in disgust at my own incompetence.
I printed it on glossy photo paper but the Bostik all-purpose (HA!) glue didn't like the paper and it kept
pinging apart.

Just printed off the Solyto on ordinary paper and may have another go when I've calmed down.

Angry of Dover!
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
Re: Your own Microcar collection! My 2CV dilemma.
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 05:05:38 AM »
I also bought this CD and it arrived just prior to Christmas. So on Christmas Day, as well as on Boxing Day, I printed out various models including an Acoma, two Trojans,an Isetta, a Daf, a Trabbi, a 2CV, a Bug, a Regal and a Robin.  I was bored so built these to keep my mind busy.   Just paper cars, and 'just' is the defining word, but they do show many of the correct characteristics and do somewhat resemble the real toy. Quite interesting and fun, but with my fingers I have a problem folding the damn small lights for the Isetta and 2CV.  So they ended up having flat and distorted headlights. Has anyone actually successfully rolled these headlights, so that they look like headlight buckets, instead of flat, squashed, uneven blotches with their only similarity to headlights being their position?  The 2 CV, also I messed up on, maybe too much rum and coke, or wine, or both, or maybe not enough,  but it has the rear wings on the front and vice versa.  I thought that the front flashers were the tail lights, and so put them on the rear, looks good, but something looked out of proportion, awkward and fat, and the front wings looked skinny.  Didn't think anything more of it.  They're funny looking anyway! A couple days later after looking at it again and again, I  couldn't figure out why only one of the front wings had an indicator light on it and it was facing outwards, not forward. I even tried to crease the wing so the 'light' faced forward instead of to the left. Then it dawned on me and I realized that it was not a light, but the petrol filler cap. I guess I'll have to print it up again and repair it, or maybe not.  No one notices, everyone thinks that it is a cute car and strangely built anyway. This is a great project CD.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 01:20:19 PM by cuscus47 »
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal