Author Topic: An amazing offer !?!?  (Read 10553 times)

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
An amazing offer !?!?
« on: January 08, 2008, 10:15:57 AM »
TIGER FOR SALE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.de%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D%2B250203749050%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1&item=250203749050#ebayphotohosting

This car is, i was told by an expert, genuine with some parts missing and some parts not original. Its also registered in the worldwide TG register. Probably a rare opportunity to grab a tiger mates. Unfortunately its for sale in Israel and far away.
Good luck tg hunters

Any questions P50? Let me know !
Regards
Ferdi
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 03:32:37 PM by Peelpower »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: An amazing offer !!!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 12:27:50 PM »
Its good to see they are still turning up but it has to be the worse example I have ever seen! How the owner has the nerve to describle it as fully restored!

P50

• Prolific Poster
Re: An amazing offer !!!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 01:03:55 PM »
I was offered this TG500 last week.
Needless to say I passed up the 'exciting offer' to own this Tiger.

Life's too short to own this, err 'example'.

I'm a collector. But not of this calibre!

I was told it can be road fit in 24hrs! Several E-Mails were exchanged. If you have the time an inclination to find all the bits you can get it right. But the ordinaries will bid this thing to the hilt.

I have no idea what the reserve is but it's probably as outrageous as the restoration...

P.S. I was most taken aback by the wiring.... Quite remarkable!! restoration by experts? Priceless?  Oh behayve!  A 275Nart Spyder at £4M is a big boys toy. Thes geezer needs to get real!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 01:06:50 PM by P50 »
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

bodzamno

• Just Starting
Re: An amazing offer !?!?
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 01:57:42 PM »
Tigers just don't come up for sale very often.This guy knows exactly what they're worth,and naturally wants to get a much as possible for it,who can blame him??? Rest assured,this car WILL sell,WILL be restored,and WILL be enjoyed by a true enthusiast who wants a car for the long term.It won't be bought by some CHAV who wants to make a fast buck and punt it on.Good luck to the eventual buyer,lets' just hope it's bought by a real enthusiastic owner who will look after it and not by the usual "fly by nights" who loose interest and disappear after a couple of years.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 02:33:05 PM »
Does this mean that you are going for it then bodzamno? By the way whats a CHAV?

witney44

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 02:56:46 PM »
What is a Chav?
'CHAV' (slang) - a young person, often without a high level of education, who follows a particular fashion; Chavs usually wear designer labels including the chav favourite 'Burberry', and if they

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 04:38:34 PM »
I can't expect the end of auction, and who will be the lucky - or unlucky-  buyer.Finally its an early 1959 car and well sought after.
I guess some folks in germany are thinking about to buy it. Anyway, we'll see mates

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 05:09:00 PM »
Chavs?

In my neck of the woods we have the pseudo chav.De rigeur is a cheap houndstooth jacket with leather elbow adornment. Usually suffer from delusions of grandeur.  Commonly known as a class A deluded ponce!

Oh how I chortle!!!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 05:13:06 PM by P50 »
-Benvenuto Cellini

Dan Rodd

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 05:14:36 PM »
chavs,known in my household as pondscum!

bodzamno

• Just Starting
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 05:26:37 PM »
Keep a look out on Ebay and you'll see if I bid or not.The CHAV question has already been very well and accurately answered!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 06:31:01 PM »
bodzamno, how will I know your bidding if we dont know your ebay ID? Witney44, thanks for the comprehensive definition Rob, the fact that I live in Essex and had not heard this expression gives me hope, things must by looking up!  P50, I know the type, we have them in Emerson Park, they usualy have Lions on there gate posts, Chortle is a good word, originaly coined I beleive by Lewis Carol.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 11:36:41 AM by bobbybubble »

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 06:49:14 PM »
Noted!
-Benvenuto Cellini

bodzamno

• Just Starting
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 08:05:13 AM »
If I bid,rest assured I'll advise.
Just to assist everyone with what a CHAV is,in simple terms they wear shell suits,cheap Argos jewellery,fake Burberry caps and generally fake designer wear,and that's just the female species.....the male species have all of the above and compliment it with a "skinhead" haircut.They mostly reside in Essex,I think that's compulsory from what I've heard.
Tiger bid has just gone up again.

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 08:09:17 AM »
bodzamno, how will I know your bidding if we dont know your ebay ID?
Witney44, thanks for the comprehensive definition Rob, the fact that I live in Essex and had not heard this expression gives me hope, things must by looking up!  P50, I know the type, we have them in Emerson Park, they usualy have Lions on there gate posts, Chortle is a good word, originaly coined I beleive be Lewis Carol.

They also have really unattractive wives!!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 08:14:36 AM by P50 »
-Benvenuto Cellini

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 10:41:04 AM »
bodzamno. No you are much mistaken, Essex is now one of the most prosperous countys in the UK, our young folk can afford the real thing. Im just sorry that you have all these local "CHAVS" where you live. [ where did you say you came from? ]  we dont stand for that sort of poor show in Hoooorah Hornchurch dont ya know!   P50' gone quite I'm sure Loughton is still in Essex.